A new opportunity has arisen to join an established pharmaceutical company in Bedfordshire as a Therapy Area Specialist.
As Therapy Area Specialist you will deliver in-depth brand knowledge to internal and external customers to support the commercial aims of the brand. You will be responsible for technical input into concept development of brand promotional material, providing Medical approval of all media and core brand related promotional materials. Strong experience in the pharmaceutical arena is required, along with proven promotional copy approval experience.
- Responsible for technical input into concept development of Brand promotional material
- Lead in preparing the medical case for the defence / challenge of promotional activities for ABPI when necessary
- Check and approve promotional material for factual accuracy in line with Promotional Copy Approval process
- Leverage scientific insights to enhance promotional material through the offering development cycle
- Responsible for clinical input into development of the risk minimisation plan for the brand
- Visit external customers to resolve clinical/technical queries
- Customer field contact according to therapy area demand
- Accountable for developing, monitoring and communicating the Claims Plan
- Liaise with Global to influence Brand core claims
- Accountable for Data on File for the UK market
- Accountable for the preparation and maintenance of Brand core claims for the UK
- Responsible for Medical approval of all media and core brand related promotional materials.
- Input into the design of local clinical studies.
- Develop & leverage medical insight through attendance at scientific meetings to further develop own knowledge base but in line with clear business need
- By exception and in line with clear business need, conduct/ attend Clinical Advisory Boards
- Responsible for clinical/technical engagement with external customers on 1:1 or group basis as appropriate
- Support media communications from the brand
- Provide therapy area clinical input into submissions as required, in-line with overall brand strategy e.g. NICE, SIGN
- By exception and in line with clear business need, support the Sales Force at key national/local meetings
- Support the dissemination of Brand and disease area knowledge in accordance with business priorities
- Regular communication of best practice and facilitation of knowledge sharing
Qualifications & Experience:
- Medical, Health or Life Science Degree
- Significant experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Proven ability to interact with external customers
- Experience in medical writing
- Strongly preferred technical expertise in the allocated disease / therapy area
- Prior experience of commercially orientated positions
- Proven expertise in the ABPI Code of Practice
For more information, or to apply for this Therapy Area Specialist position, please contact Hendre Moolman at CK Clinical on 01438 743 047 or email firstname.lastname@example.org 20948 to indicate your interest.