A Senior Pharmacologist is required to join a well-funded drug discovery company based in Edinburgh, Scotland, that aims to address the major unmet needs in the fields of nervous system disorders, immunology and certain areas of oncology.
This company aims to identify novel pre-clinical drug candidates, which will be developed through robust translational science operated via an outsourcing model. They are enhancing their translational capabilities by recruiting a Senior Pharmacologist to join the Translational Science Group.
The Translational Science Group is responsible for working with the Target Identification Group to develop target validation approaches, define appropriate disease models for pre-clinical studies, identify biomarkers and ensure appropriate incorporation into translational development, define patient selection strategies, and to define starting doses and schedules for dose escalation in Phase 1 studies.
Responsibilities of this Senior Pharmacologist role will include:
- Identify the key routes to translate in vitro observations into in-vivo studies to provide in vivo Proof of Concept/ Proof of Mechanism for novel therapeutic candidates.
- Identify efficacy markers (biomarkers) in pre-clinical models which may be translatable into human studies and ensure that these are appropriately examined in translational approaches.
- Significantly contribute to the interpretation of in vitro and in vivo studies and prepare recommendations for scientific review by senior management and Scientific Advisory Board.
- Contribute Proof of Concept / Proof of Mechanism data elements to packages for Executive Management evaluation of potential new IND track candidates.
- Prepare executive reports on progress toward goals and achievements of milestones and translate evaluations into appropriate actions.
- Ensure that Translational Science maintains current awareness in new technology and methodology, and enhances scientific credibility of the company through external activities and scientifically related interactions.
- Ensure that Translational Science maintains awareness of key scientific development in the company’s focus areas.
Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate for this Senior Pharmacologist role will have the following skills and experience:
- PhD in cell biology / molecular biology / pharmacology with strong background in immunology / neuroscience and in vivo studies, with very strong industry experience.
- Extensive research experience in pharmacology, with a reputation for significant scientific contributions evidenced by relevant publications and / or patent list.
- Prior experience should demonstrate scientific leadership and clarity of thought, project initiation, execution, completion and collaboration.
This company offers highly competitive salaries, depending on skills and experience. All employees will also benefit from enrolment in a private healthcare insurance scheme, and the option of a stakeholder pension scheme.
For more information, or to apply for this Senior Pharmacologist position, please contact Jim Gleeson at CK Clinical on 01438 734 047 or email email@example.com