Hendre Moolman at CK Clinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Medical Information Officer to join an incredibly successful pharmaceutical company based in Hertfordshire, UK.
Senior Medical Information Officer Job Description
Within this Senior Medical Information role, you will supply medical information in response to internal and external customer enquiries. Your role will also require you to provide specialist product knowledge to the Business as a whole thereby further contributing to the success of the company. The therapeutic is in Neurology, with previous experience in this field advantageous, but not essential.
- Act as a therapy area expert and provide a quality first line medical information service to the UK and Ireland and expert second line support for affiliates across Europe
- Provide a quality information service on company products to internal stakeholders
- Promote the safe and effective use of company products by ensuring accurate, balanced and current information is available and provided as appropriate to our customers and other departments
- Respond to queries from the European Country Affiliates and also direct requests from HCPs / consumers across UK & Ireland
- Responding to AE reports/product complaints and queries and ensuring reports are passed to Pharmacovigilance/Quality Operations as required. Log and maintain appropriate records
- Identify and organising clinical information on product, competitors and therapeutic area
- Analyse and evaluating clinical trial results, summarising the key points and advise Marketing teams on their use
- Supporting Marketing and Medical Affairs through thorough copy approval and reference checking for core marketing materials. Checking information content and compliance with ABPI / EFPIA Codes of Practice.
- Literature searching and journal scanning for products & competitors to identify key papers
- Current awareness and provision of bulletins to relevant company staff
- Prepare centralised core training materials and presentations for Marketing and Medical Affairs on products, competitors and therapy areas
- Delivery of scientific and technical training, where appropriate, to Sales Forces and other staff
- Evaluating & summarising information, maintaining in-house databases and files
- Ensure SPC, PIL data is available on EMC/IPHA/in-demand websites and communicated to relevant external parties
- Write, approve and update Prescribing Information for use on promotional items by marketing colleagues
- Performing literature searches for pharmacovigilance as required
- Working cross-functionally with Marketing to meet business objectives, supporting production of core materials, and attending brand team meetings as appropriate
- Attend external meetings and conferences to obtain information. Compile and circulate reports where appropriate
- Provision of an onsite Medical Information service at designated congresses
- Keep up to date with and comply with relevant company SOPs and working practices, regulations and Codes of Practice
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
To be considered for this Senior Medical Information Officer position, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Life science degree or Pharmacy degree essential
- Pharmacists – Relevant experience in hospital clinical pharmacy or medicines information, and applicable experience in a Pharmaceutical Company Medical Information department.
- Life Science graduates – relevant experience in a Pharmaceutical Company Medical Information department.
- Experience in the Oncology area is advantageous although not essential.
How to apply:
For more information or to apply for this Senior Medical Information Officer position, please contact Hendre Moolman at CK Clinical on +44 ( 0)1438 870 023 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference CL24340 in all correspondence.