A new opportunity has arisen to join an established pharmaceutical company in Berkshire as a Senior Medical Information Officer. You will be involved in a broad range of activities, including answering medical enquiries, checking copy material and promotional literature, sales aids, and leaflets.
The role will very much be part of the brand team, giving scientific input into the business to check that information used is scientifically and technically accurate. The therapeutic is oncology, previous experience in this therapy is advantageous.
- Responsible for technical input into concept of product promotional material
- Act as an internal signatory in the promotional copy approval process, ensuring that scientific and medical data are quoted accurately, that references are appropriate, current and accurately cited and to comment on general aspects of Code compliance
- Assist in preparing the medical case for the defence/challenge of promotional activities for ABPI when necessary
- Leverage scientific/customer insights to enhance promotional material
- Provide a proactive, comprehensive, accurate and timely medical information service to external and internal customers in line with industry standards
- Contribute to Brand based teams as key technical knowledge holder and literature specialist
- Prepare and maintain all medical information standard letters and Q&As for Product(s), maintaining a thorough knowledge of company products, and internal and external medical information systems and sources
- Assist in the administration of Medical Information document and enquiry management system
- Prepare Product notifications in line with Product strategy
- Participate in out-of-hours emergency Medical Information service on company product portfolio
- Lead the development of clinical summaries for the Sales Force from recently published papers
- Develop and leverage medical insight through attendance at scientific meetings to further develop own knowledge base but in line with clear business need
- Assist in the technical training of the TMs
- Responsible for creating Data on File for the UK market
- Provide therapy area medical input into submissions as required, in line with overall Brand strategy, e.g. NICE, SIGN, SMC
- In line with clear business need support the Sales Force through informal meetings with healthcare professionals and formal presentations at internal or external meetings
- Support the dissemination of Product and disease area knowledge across the company in accordance with business priorities
- Regular communication of best practice and facilitation of knowledge sharing
- Assist in maintaining, improving and promoting the Medical Information service through management of projects and training of or liaison with other groups or customers
- Ensure Medical Information activities are in line and comply with the ABPI Code of Practice
- Responsible for handling all enquiries, in line with local and global procedures and systems
- Responsible for effectively communicating changes to the SPCs and Patient Information Leaflets for company product portfolio
- Provide Medical Information input into product discontinuation activities
- Responsible for maintaining an up to date training record
- Regular review of internal SOPs to ensure that these are compliant with regulatory requirements
- Maintain a working knowledge of internal and external medical information systems and sources
Qualifications & Experience:
- Life Science degree
- Prior experience operating in the same role is required
- Must have pharmaceutical industry experience – however – candidates who have worked in a large pharmaceutical ‘call centre’ style Medical Information Advisor role would not be seen as suitable.
- Ideally you would have been part of a brand team for a particular product, giving their scientific input into the business.
- Full working knowledge of the ABPI
- Copy approval experience is a must and is likely to form part of the assessment/interviewing activities
- Interpersonal skills are key – must be comfortable working within a commercial environment.
- Strong communication skills are very important
For more information or to apply for this Senior Medical Information Officer position, please contact Hendre Moolman at CK Clinical on +44 (0)1438 870 023 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting 20917 to indicate your interest.