Hendre Moolman at CK Clinical is recruiting for a Senior Medical Affairs Officer to join a leading pharmaceutical company in West Sussex.
Senior Medical Affairs Job Description:
As Senior Medical Affairs Officer you will be responsible for the provisions of a medical information service to internal customers and to external contacts. You will also provide support to the sales, marketing and regulatory teams in the UK by providing medical evaluation and information in all activities to ensure targets are met to ensure compliance.
Further responsibilities of this Senior Medical Affairs position include to:
- To be accountable for the effective management and continuous development of UK Medical Information service.
- Represent the UK in global Medical Affairs network (OTC).
- Develop and maintain medical and scientific awareness of the Consumer Health product portfolio and disseminate information to internal customers.
- Provide medical advice to support sales, marketing, and other internal departments including medical input to claims development and creative approvals and expert input to data and literature evaluation, making clear to the business the impact of any findings.
- Ensure compliance with the relevant Codes of Practice in relation to promotional materials.
- Act as internal and/or authorised ABPI signatory for promotional materials as appropriate.
- Provide medical input into local PR, including review and adaptation of global PR to local needs/regulations, under the internal quality control procedures.
- Support marketing in development of customer focused claims as well as monitoring/challenging claims made by competitors.
- Support the local Sales and Marketing teams, producing high quality briefing and training materials and development of brands promotional and communication material.
- Produce, update and approve prescribing information in a timely fashion and in line with relevant regulations.
- Co-ordinate and implement timely updating of product entries in external databases, compendia and journals.
- Act as company administrator for eMC and NHS prescription systems.
- Advise on medical issues relating to advertising copy, patient information leaflets, summary of product characteristics, etc.
- Process Drug Safety cases and perform follow up activities as required.
- Be a member of the UK signal detection team.
- Scientific evaluation of new claims and line extension possibilities presented by Global Drug Regulatory Affairs or Marketing on existing portfolio.
- Scientific evaluation on feasibility of New Project Development presented by Global Drug Regulatory Affairs or Marketing.
- Interface with the medical and healthcare community.
- Develop and maintain contacts with Specialists in appropriate fields and Trade Associations to further the interests of NCH.
- Sales force training and support across UK and ROI region.
- Assist with the training of colleagues in the medical aspects of our business.
- Provide company wide training in the applicable Code(s) of Practice.
As Senior Medical Affairs Officer you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- BSc in relevant subject or pharmacist
- Proficiency in analysing scientific data and drawing the relevant conclusions
- Proficiency in communication skills, how to explain complicated matters in a simple way
How to apply:
For more information, please contact Hendre Moolman on 01438 870 023 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference CL23455 in all correspondence.