CK Clinical are recruiting for a Scientific Advisor to join an established Pharmaceutical company in Berkshire.
As Scientific Advisor you will be predominantly field-based providing scientific and technical support and helping to maintain professional and credible relationships with key opinion leaders and academic centres.
For this position you would require previous experience working in a Medical department, with a very good understanding of the ABPI code. Previous experience in a similar position would count in your favour. Therapy area for the position is in paediatrics
- Predominantly field-based position which aims to provide scientific and technical support for, and help maintain professional and credible relationships with, key opinion leaders and academic centres to ensure access to current medical and scientific information on the products and areas of therapeutic interest.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of relevant products, relevant therapeutic areas and the structure and workings of the NHS.
- Provide field-based support and training to the sales force and other departments as necessary
- Deliver credible presentations on scientific matters to physicians, individually or in groups, either reactively (in response to a medical enquiry) or proactively (to disseminate scientific data best aligned with business needs).
- Produce and update scientific presentations for assigned therapeutic areas as appropriate.
- Provide field-based support to assist Medical Information in dealing with enquiries.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements, including the ABPI Prescription Medicines Code of Practice as well Abbott internal processes and procedures for Pharmacovigilance and Regulatory legislation.
- Ensure that all activities and interactions are conducted with due regard to all applicable local, global and national laws, regulations, guidelines, codes of conduct, Company policies and accepted standards of best practice.
- Adhere to the PMCPA Code of Practice for the Pharmaceutical Industry in all aspects of work.
- comply with statutory requirements and Abbott internal processes and procedures for Pharmacovigilance.
- Be cognisant of, and agree to adhere to, medical division SOPs; BOPs; Guidelines.
- Accountable to Medical Group Manager and indirectly to UK Medical Director.
- Appropriate scientific/medical qualification (Pharmacist, PhD or GMC)
- Good presentation skills
- Good project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer literate
- Able to operate as a flexible team player
For more information or to apply for this Scientific Advisor position, please contact Hendre Moolman at CK Clinical on 01438 870 023 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting 21910 to indicate your interest