Hendre Moolman is recruiting for Scientific Advisor to join an established pharmaceutical company based in Berkshire.
Scientific Advisor Job Description
As Scientific Advisor, you will work with the diabetes team in making launch preparations for a product, overseeing and participating in the preparation of standard Medical Information letters. You will be advising the brand team, help shape the generation of marketing campaigns, and do copy approval of promotional material to ensure compliance with the ABPI Code of practice.
Further responsibilities of this Scientific Advisor position include:
- Research, prepare and provide up-to-date product information for responding to external enquiries for an agreed group of products, ensuring that target response times are met.
- Contribute to the design, medical and scientific accuracy and approval of promotional material to support the Company’s products.
- Update external product listings to ensure that the information available to customers about company products is accurate and current.
- Develop and maintain product information systems and standards in order to provide accurate product support.
- Contribute to the updating of the product and therapy area knowledge of the medico-marketing team.
- Maintain a high and up-to-date level of product and therapy area knowledge by attending conferences; by reading relevant medical & scientific literature.
- Demonstrate a high level of product knowledge by accepting responsibility for the scientific accuracy of promotional materials and by contributing to the preparation of expert documents such as formulary applications.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of the relevant information sources including: printed publications, unpublished sources, databases, web sites, other company departments, external bodies.
- Demonstrate understanding of the principles of information storage and retrieval, and skill in their application.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the relevant SOPs as detailed in the SOP training matrix.
- Demonstrate understanding of and compliance with relevant legal and related issues, such as the Medicines Act and Statutory Instruments; copyright; Data Protection legislation; liability; the ABPI Code of Practice
- Knowledge and understanding of the business, the pharmaceutical industry and the external environment: the NHS, Government policy, regulatory requirements.
- Prioritise, plan and organise own workload to ensure compliance with enquiry response time targets, customers’ and business needs.
- Contribute to achievement of medico-marketing strategy by participation in team meetings.
- Be aware of product developments which will impact on services.
- Contribute to forward planning processes and carry out the agreed notifications at the appropriate time.
- Ability to communicate information effectively and clearly in written form and orally, and at levels appropriate to the needs of different customers.
- Create and maintain contacts with field force to enable them to gain maximum benefit for the business from Scientific Affairs.
- Increase awareness of services offered by Medical and Scientific Affairs both internally and externally.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with medico-marketing teams and other internal and external customers.
- Ensure quality and consistency of responses to enquiries.
- Use CRM system to share information on customer contacts with medico-marketing and sales teams.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement initiatives within the Medical and Scientific Affairs sub-team, including administrative procedures.
- Assist with the investigation and resolution of problems which arise in the Medical and Scientific Affairs sub-teams.
- Able to identify the appropriate source of information for a specific enquiry or project.
- Able to understand in detail clinical, biomedical and scientific reports about pharmaceutical products and related subject areas in order to analyse and appraise clinical, biomedical and scientific reports in a systematic, fair and balanced way.
- Work co-operatively with other team members towards team objectives.
- Keep abreast of developments in relevant therapeutic areas and information systems and share knowledge and technical expertise with other team members to assist their learning.
- Provide support for the other products in the sub-team.
- Build technical competence through training and exposure to different customer problems and learning from colleagues.
- Develop contacts with the Medico Marketing teams to provide improved support and information resources.
As Scientific Advisor you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Good numeracy, literacy and computer skills
- Qualified to degree level, preferably in pharmacy or biological sciences
- Minimum of 12 months experience of medical information in the pharmaceutical industry or hospital pharmacy (including medicines information)
- Good telephone manner
- Good standard of written English and Attention to detail
How to apply:
For more information, please contact Hendre Moolman on 01438 870 023 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference CL23637 in all correspondence.