Jessica Todd at CK Clinical is helping a leading pharmaceutical organisation in the UK to recruit for a SAS Programmer to join their team.
To find out more, please watch Jessica’s video and read
the job description below:
SAS Programmer Job Description:
You will provide statistical software and software documentation support to the programming group in general and to specific clinical projects. You will also ensure that the objectives, standards, deadlines and other requirements set by management with respect to statistical software and software documentation are attained.
- Provides advice and support to members of biometrics.
- Assesses, recommends and develops new standards and policies.
- Assesses, develops and documents new methods and software.
- Keeps abreast of statistical programming methodology, applications and software developments through literature and attendance at meetings.
- Maintains familiarity with regulatory authority guidelines relating to biostatistics, data reporting and medical issues in project areas.
- Develops and maintains proficiency with respect to in-house computer facilities and software.
- Interacts with members of biometrics to ensure good coordination and communication.
- Participates in and contributes to internal training programs.
- Develops and documents statistical programming standards in accordance with current statistical programming practices and regulatory authority requirements.
- Programs, validates and documents software in SAS following statistical programming standards and ensures its availability to users. Whenever creating new software, ensures the efficient use of existing software.
- Suggest new tools/enhancements to existing tools, and/or able to work on tool development
- Ensures that activities performed within the project are executed in a timely manner^and to the required high statistical and reporting standards.
- Interacts with other members of biometrics and with the study team to clarify and assess programming requirements.
- Assists in the development of trial analyses and data presentations relating to efficacy and safety data under the direction of a Project Programmer (or designee).
- Creates the dataset specifications according to the applicable data model in cooperation with clinical programming.
- Provides SAS datasets in the format required for special evaluations.
- Programs, validates and documents data tabulations, graphics and statistical evaluations for efficacy and safety. Ensures that programs developed for specific projects/protocols are sufficiently portable to^allow application to other projects and protocols.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
To be considered for this SAS Programmer position, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree level in IT, Life Sciences, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or other analytical field (OR Equivalent)
- Proven experience of working as a SAS Programmer within a Pharmaceutical/CRO/Biotechnology organisation together with strong good knowledge/experience of international clinical research and drug development.
- Confident in the use of Computers; can readily learn new software applications, and hold proven experience in the use of statistical software as well as knowledge of databases and interface systems.
How to apply:
For more information regarding this SAS Programmer role, please contact Jessica Todd at CK Clinical on +44 (0)1438 743 047 or email email@example.com.