Project Statistician needed to work with a leading pharmaceutical company based in Surrey, UK.
A rare opportunity has arisen for an experienced Project Statistician to work with one of the world’s leading Pharmaceutical companies. In this role the Project Statistician develops or assists in the development of protocol designs, clinical plans, and data analysis plans in collaboration with physicians, veterinarians, and/or medical colleagues. The Project Statistician is responsible for working with research associates and scientists to establish a reporting database and for analysing data for these types of studies.
The main responsibilities of this Project Statistician job are outlined below:
Statistical Trial Design and Analysis
• Operate in collaboration with study personnel to provide input on study protocol, design studies and write protocols for the conduct of each study.
• Assist in or be accountable for selecting statistical methods for data analysis, authoring the corresponding sections of the protocol, and conducting the actual analysis once a reporting database is created.
• Collaborate with data management in the planning and implementation of data quality assurance plans.
• Maintain currency with respect to statistical methodology, to maintain proficiency in applying new and varied methods, and to be competent in justifying methods selected.
• Participate in peer-review work products from other statistical colleagues.
Communication of Results and Inferences
• Collaborate with team members to write reports and communicate results.
• Assist with, or be responsible for, communicating study results via regulatory submissions, manuscripts, or oral presentations in group settings, as well as for communicating one-on-one with key customers and presenting at scientific meetings.
• Respond to regulatory queries and to interact with regulators.
The ideal candidate for this Project Statistician job will be educated to an M.S or Ph.D. degree standard in a Statistics or Biostatistics discipline, or will have equivalent experience, along with proficient knowledge in the SAS programming language. Further competencies required for this role include:
• Interpersonal communication skills for effective customer consultation.
• Teamwork and leadership skills.
• Technical growth and application with working knowledge of experimental design and statistics.
• Self-management skills with a focus on results for timely and accurate completion of competing deliverables.
• Resource management skills.
• Creativity and innovation.
• Demonstrated problem solving ability and strategic thinking.
• Business process expertise associated with critical activities (e.g. regulatory submissions).
If you would like to hear more about this project statistician role, please contact Sarah Brunnen at CK Clinical on 01438 743047 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.