We are recruiting for a Medical Liaison to join an established Pharmaceutical company in a field based role in the North East and Scotland.
As Medical Liaison, you will serve as reliable, trusted resources of accurate, up-to-date medical and scientific information requested by Scientific Experts and other Health Care Professionals. You will respond in a timely way to personal or electronic inquiries with appropriate available information, facilitating aspects of the Investigator-Initiated Trial (IIT) process. Previous experience in a similar role with a post graduate qualification is desired.
- Supporting Medical/Scientific Information Needs of Scientific Experts and other Health Care Professionals
- Medical Liaisons act as the primary interface between the company and Scientific Experts within their defined geography, providing deep and advanced disease state and product expertise and facilitating the work of the Scientific Expert when it aligns with the company’s mission.
- An important aspect of this work will be to connect Scientific Experts with other company resources whenever appropriate.
- Medical Liaisons serve as reliable, trusted resources of accurate, up-to-date medical and scientific information requested by Scientific Experts and other Health Care Professionals. They will respond in a timely way to personal or electronic inquiries with appropriate available information.
- Medical Liaisons will maintain the highest level of knowledge regarding current disease state product (including competitor products) and investigational compound information to enable them to be scientifically credible peers of Scientific Experts.
- The ML will be expected to engage in continuous learning within the therapeutic area they represent
- Medical Liaisons provide support for research initiatives
- Communication of Scientific Intelligence & Clinical Insight
- While the focus of the Medical Liaison role is to support the medical/scientific information and research needs of Scientific Experts, Medical Liaisons may be involved in other activities
- Medical Liaisons will effectively use approved resources to fulfil administrative, procedural, and legal requirements associated with addressing customer requests
- Medical Liaisons are expected to apply the resource management skills needed to meet the requests of customers and the needs of the business unit, while exhibiting appropriate stewardship of their time and expense budget
Successful candidates will enjoy the benefits of working with a global Pharmaceutical company, including a COMPETITIVE SALARY, HOLIDAYS, and CAREER PROGRESSION
- Advanced degree in health sciences (PharmD, M.D., Ph.D. in a medically related field) required
- Solid relevant clinical or therapeutic experience desired.
- Masters or Bachelors level degree in health sciences (RN, RPh, PA, Certified Diabetes Educator, NP, etc.) considered if substantial clinical, research or industry (medical/scientific role) experience in relevant therapeutic area is present.
- Strong knowledge of diabetes
- Strong interpersonal skills, including capability to engage in professional relationship building and networking
- Highly motivated and capable of comprehending large amounts of scientific content which is then communicated in a clear, concise fashion
- Significant direct experience in servicing customer needs for complex information
- Demonstrated success in self-managing priorities and multi-tasking projects
- Ability to work effectively and share information within a team environment
- Advanced presentation skills
- Expertise in literature identification and evaluation
- Familiarity with the academic community and the medical research and medical education processes
- Working experience of ABPI code of practice
- Knowledge of principles of conflict of interest and role of pharmaceutical regulatory bodies
- Confidence and willingness to take on new challenges, contribute strategically, and manage multiple projects.
- Intellectual curiosity about the field of science/medicine for which they are responsible
For more information or to apply for this Medical Liaison role, please contact Hendre Moolman on 01438 870 023 or email email@example.com. Please quote reference CL21909 in all correspondence.