An established pharmaceutical company are looking for a Medical Information Specialist to join their team based in Berkshire, UK.
As Medical Information Specialist, you will be working within the Medical Affairs function with your key role being to deliver a Medical Information services to internal and external customers. You’re main function will include facilitating development of the function and its contribution to business retention and gain.
Further responsibilities of this Medical Information Specialist position will be to:
- Provide a reactive quality Medical Information service to both internal and external customers, recording comprehensive details to the Enquiry Management System.
- Operate in line with local SOP’s, Copyright Law, ABPI PMCPA Code of Practice and the PIPA UK Guidelines on Standards for Medical Information Departments and Data Protection Legislation.
- Ensure that relevant product knowledge and search system skills are gained, applied and maintained.
- Prioritise, plan and organise work considering the customer and business needs.
- Assist in the development of standard answers and procedures.
- Escalate important issues as they arise to management colleagues.
- Recruit expertise from Medical Affairs colleagues to facilitate enquiry conclusion and Solution management.
- Ensure adverse event and quality reporting, complying with Medical Affairs, Pharmacovigilance and Quality department procedures.
- Apply a basic awareness of business strategy to identify enquiry trends and emerging issues, raising awareness with appropriate colleagues.
- Where appropriate, to provide input to business tenders.
- Work with the Senior Medical Affairs Pharmacist to raise awareness of the operations and processes across Medical Affairs and the broader UK and Ireland teams.
- Apply training and medical information skills to contribute to the Medical reviews of promotional materials.
- Identify and realise synergies with Regulatory, Pharmacovigilance and Quality functions eg audits, training, FCA management.
- Plan and progress personal projects to refine service support for businesses and personal development seeking guidance as required.
- Operate in a collaborative style within the Medical Affairs team, undertaking any other duties commensurate with the level of responsibility outlined above, as and when required.
Qualifications & Experience
To be considered for this role you must have the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum = Life Sciences degree (ideally with a clear association with pharmaceutical, clinical area).
- Established information service expertise
- Pharmaceutical Industry or Hospital Medical Information setting.
- Ideally, will have experience relevant to the range of product/therapy areas however training will be provided.
How to apply
For more information or to apply for this Medical Information Specialist position, please contact Krishna Pankhania at CK Clinical on 01438 743 047 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference CL22041 in all correspondence.