We are recruiting for a Medical Information Officer to join an established Pharmaceutical company in Middlesex. As a Medical Information Officer, you will provide a timely, high quality Medical Information service to both internal and external customers, including handling adverse event reports and technical complaints. You will interact with Sales and Marketing for designated therapeutic areas. Part of your role will include providing assistance with copy approval and participate in project work as required.
Key responsibilities of this Medical Information Officer role will be to:
- Respond to enquiries on company products and therapy areas within timescales agreed with the enquirer and in accordance with the company Standard Operating Procedure.
- Where relevant to seek advice from, or refer enquiries to, the Senior Medical Information Officers, Medical Information Manager, Medical Advisor and/or Medical Director;
- Prepare standard responses for “frequently asked questions”, subject to approval from Medical Advisor/Medical Director;
- Carry out literature searches of in-house and external databases in response to requests for information;
- Ensure that all potential adverse drug reactions received are processed without delay and in accordance with the current SOP(s);
- Maintain the Medical Information enquiry management database;
- Proactively provide relevant scientific, news and business information to internal customers in the Sales, Marketing and Medical Departments;
- Rapidly appraise scientific and medical journals for content that may have immediate or long-term impact on the Companies’ activities, and after discussion with the Medical Information Manager, to notify colleagues with a critical overview;
- Liaise with the Medical Information Manager on a fortnightly and ad hoc basis;
- Participate in and feedback from conferences and meetings as required;
- Work with Senior MIO to identify and work on areas for competency development to enable additional functions to be undertaken;
- Ensure that all work complies with current SOPs, the ABPI Code of Practice and the Medicines Act.
The ideal candidate for this Medical Information Officer will be educated to a minimum degree level in pharmacy, pharmacology, life sciences or chemistry. You will also hold the following skills and competencies:
- Ability to communicate confidently with people at all levels within and outside the company
- A team player
- Commercially aware
- Computer literacy including familiarity with the Internet, CD-ROM/online searching and MS Office applications
How to Apply
For more information, or to apply for this Medical Information Officer job, please contact Hendre Moolman on +44 (0)1438 870 023 or email email@example.com quoting 19446 to indicate your interest.
About CK Clinical
Here at CK Clinical, we pride ourselves on our honest and supportive approach. Our team of specialist recruiters and career consultants are here to help you achieve your career ambitions within the clinical and pharmaceutical industry. We can actively offer you careers advice, help with writing your CV, assistance with your interview preparation and provide you with up to date information about the industry.