Hendre Moolman at CK Clinical is currently recruiting for a Medical Information Officer to join a pharmaceutical company based in Buckinghamshire.
As Medical Information Officer you will have the following responsibilities:
- Handle Medical Information queries on a daily basis from external and internal customers.
- Assist in the maintenance of internal Medical Information databases.
- Handle Pharmacovigilance issues relating to reporting of spontaneous events.
- Assist Head of Medical Information and Pharmacovigilance and Medical Information Executives as required.
- Answer queries from internal sources relating to company products and competitors.
- Assist in the maintenance and update of an internal database of technical information related to company products.
- Handle Pharmacovigilance issues relating to reporting of spontaneous adverse events.
- Assist Head of Medical Information and Pharmacovigilance and Medical Information Executives as required in the day to day activities, project work, clinical paper summaries and copy approval.
- Become fully conversant with PIPA UK Guidelines on Standards for Medical Information Departments and internal Standard Operation Procedures/Work Instructions.
- Answer enquiries on company products from external sources (including hospital doctors, GPs, pharmacists, other health professionals and patients) received by telephone, in writing or electronically.
- Answer enquiries on company products and competitor products from Sales Representatives, Marketing and Medical Departments received by telephone, in writing or electronically.
- Maintain and update an internal database of standard letters and questions and answers using information from internal and external sources.
- Assist Medical Information personnel in activities such as clinical paper summaries, copy approval when appropriate and in line with Departmental standards.
- Ensure adequate reporting of adverse events to UK Pharmacovigilance Department, via the Medical Information Enquiry Database.
- Be fully conversant with company SOPs and policy regarding Pharmacovigilance and to be aware of the internal and local legal requirements for Pharmacovigilance.
- Any other duties, as required by the Medical Information Department.
Skills, qualifications and experience:
As Medical Information Officer you will have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Previous experience of working in Medical Information within Pharma or a scientific environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with attention to detail
- Conscientious, self-motivated, willing to learn, adaptable and methodical
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong IT skills
How to apply:
For more information regarding this Medical Information Officer position, please contact Hendre Moolman at CK Clinical on 01438 743 047 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference CL23791 in all correspondence.