A rare opportunity has arisen for an interim Medical Advisor to support a Medical Sciences and Pharmacovigilance group based in Central London.
As Medical Advisor, you will be an oncologist with several years’ clinical experience and industry experience of safety review processes and procedures. Current registration with the General Medical Council (GMC) to practice medicine in the UK is essential as is experience of working in early phase, dose-escalation type clinical trials. Experience of working as a sponsor physician is highly desirable.
The key duties of this Medical Advisor position include:
- Responsible for planning and organising the workload of Medical Sciences with respect to safety review
- To identify emerging safety issues on clinical trials and to co-ordinate appropriate, timely safety measures
- To write SOPs and procedures to support the Medical Sciences function
- To review existing safety review processes for process improvements
- Responsible for day to day medical review of all Serious Adverse Event (SAE) reports on sponsored trials and business partner trials.
- Responsible for review of line listings of Adverse Events / SAEs to identify safety trends and issues
- To provide medical review and input into clinical trial Annual safety reports (ASRs)
- To provide medical input and review into clinical trial documentation, including Investigator Brochures, Patient Information Sheets, consent forms, Clinical Study Reports (CSRs) and Annual Safety Report (ASRs)
- To attend study team meetings and provide medical advice on safety and eligibility issues on trials
The successful candidate for this Medical Advisor position will have the following key qualities:
- Ability to assimilate novel approaches to therapy and advise on medical aspects of complex studies
- Excellent interpersonal skills to liaise effectively with internal and external partners
- Ability to produce and maintain rigorous adherence to written procedures, guidelines and legal requirements
For more information, or to apply for this Medical Advisor role, please contact Ben Traies on 01438 743 047 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.