Team Leader, Data Management
Ian Marlow at CK Clinical is currently recruiting for two Team Leaders on behalf of his client, a CRO based in East Anglia.
Job Description: Responsible for the provision of line management services to the Data Management function, ensuring effective management of studies and resources and successful delivery of company projects according to company Standard Operating Procedures and agreed study contracts. Perform the Lead Data Management role.
Areas of required expertise, experience and role focus:
- Direct and manage workloads within the group and in collaboration with colleagues across the department, ensuring sufficient qualified resources to meet new business targets whilst maintaining target billability of staff
- Provide line management to assigned Data Management team including the provision of performance and development planning and management, training, mentoring and coaching
- Set and review team member's objectives, assess career direction, training needs and accomplishments
- Conduct team member performance reviews in accordance with SOPs in order to identify and document team member's developmental progression.
- Provide continuous review and feedback during routine direct report meetings to support individual development and progression.
- Review and approve timesheets, flex sheets and holiday cards, ensuring adequate resource is available at all times.
- Work with management to ensure inappropriate staff behaviour is identified, communicated, monitored and acted upon as necessary.
- Perform ongoing review of team member sickness records in accordance with the staff handbook; ensuring areas for concern are highlighted to the Head of Data Management and appropriate action taken.
- Provide Data Management training as required.
- Organise and oversee induction of new staff into the function/team.
- Ensure that all team members have access to and have received training in current regulations, standards and guidelines.
- Serve as company representative at external and internal meetings.
- Serve as “DM Client Account Manager” as needed, ensuring that client specific procedures and standards across projects are developed, documented and used by project teams; communicating with client as representative of DM department;
- Participate in the planning and management of the DM department.
- Attend regular meetings with Head of Data Management, Project Managers and other company leaders to ensure adequate dissemination of information, communication and to ensure company initiatives and function issues are communicated and actioned;
- Lead and contribute to the identification, development and implementation of departmental and company-wide initiatives regarding process improvements, systems and procedures.
- Serve, where nominated, as DM Subject Matter Expert.
- Work closely with the Study Start-up team and IT support to ensure full impact assessment is conducted prior to initiating change.
- Ensure consistency across studies, database design, validation, and generic components.
- Attend Project Lessons Learned meetings in order to facilitate process improvement and information sharing across projects.
Qualifications / Experience: You must have a degree wthin a related industry as well as proven recent experience in managing Data Managers within the Pharmaceutical area.
For more information or to apply for this Team Leader, Data Management position please contact Ian Marlow or Stephanie Maccioni on 01438 743 047 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Clinical is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CL32368 in all correspondence.