CK Group is recruiting for a Specialist Programmer to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry working remotely, on a contract basis for 12 months.
Our client is a global pharmaceutical company with a large presence and multiple sites in the UK. They produce innovative medicines across a range of therapeutic areas to enhance the health and lives of their patients.
- Collaborate with the Programming Leader to provide support for aspects of the clinical development process, including clinical development plans, regulatory submissions, commercialisation and scientific utilisation data for company products.
Collaborate with the Programming Leader to provide programming support to deliver technical programming and information components of a project, including but not limited to: o Regulatory response to agency queries. o Development Safety Update Reports (DSUR). o Periodic Benefit-Risk Evaluation Report (PBRER). o Investigators brochures (IB). o Data submission strategy, i.e., legacy data, pooling data, communications with regulatory agencies. o Outcomes studies. o Pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics data preparation and analysis. o Manipulating and analysing adjudicated data. o Delivering Clinical Trial Transparency (data de- identification). o Data preparation and analysis for Global Medical Affairs work.
Produce and maintain the technical database standards and Programming Specification documents.
- Contribute to the provision of technical consulting expertise to external partners in relation to the specification and delivery of the SDTM and RDB databases by these partners.
- Provide support to the regulatory submissions including specification and delivery of overview databases, outputs and response to regulatory questions.
- Identify opportunities to improve the methodology and provide practical solutions for problems.
- Contribute to the development of best practice to improve quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
- BSc in Mathematical, Statistical, Computer Science or Life Science.
- Extensive SAS programming experience.
- Oncology/RECIST are essential.
- Contributes to innovating and streamlining workflows.
- Knowledgeable of the drug indications within a therapeutic area and data submission standards within that therapeutic area.
- Contributes to assessing and mitigating risk within a protocol or drug project and proactively determining the need and/or level of escalation.
- Knowledge of database set-up and report publishing requirements.
- Knowledge of technical and regulatory requirements related to the role.
- Knowledge of CDSIC standard and industry best practices.
- Experience in clinical drug development or healthcare.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Assist in developing and delivering training.
- Leadership role able to lead and direct elements of project work.
- Accountable for the quality of elements of project programming work.
- Accountable for good Information Practice.
- Reports to Programming Team Leader.
- Team commitment: prioritise attendance at appropriate project team meetings; take steps to understand and appreciate the roles, skills and strengths of others on the team. Be proactive Excellent collaboration required - needs the energy to work across global & functional boundaries.
- Decision making: constructively challenge others and be receptive to challenge in bringing clarity and robustness (evidence based) to decision making within the team.
- Issue resolution: work collaboratively with the project team to resolve issues, irrespective of whether or not the issues are functional in nature.
- Communication: agree on how to communicate decisions, successes and escalation of issues etc - speak with one voice instead of separate roles.
- Collaboration required.
- Ability to apply programming expertise to problems, problem solving and quality focus.
- Other programming languages e.g. S-PLUS, R, XML etc.
- Familiarity with Open CDISC Validator.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Kate on 01913848905 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46497 in all correspondence.