Sourcing Manager in Welwyn Garden City
Steve Lord is recruiting for a Sourcing Manager, to join a world-leading Pharmaceutical company based in Hertfordshire, on a full time contract basis initially for 12 months.
As the Sourcing Manager working for the R&D operation, you are a member of the regional sourcing team. You will be responsible for ensuring operational R&D sourcing requests of clinical trial related service providers are executed in line with the category buying guides and content, and in compliance with relevant policies, standards, guidelines, and operating procedures, including preferred supplier arrangements and contracts. The Sourcing Manager works with Procurement and Business stakeholders to understand clinical study team requirements and execute the relevant sourcing process by applying appropriate methodologies and tools.
As a Sourcing Manager, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Carry out operational sourcing requests that support the clinical trial management teams with the region with a focus on efficiency and customer service.
- Understand end user requirements and leverage the category buying guides and sourcing knowledge to determine the best method for driving value in meeting the requirement.
- Support the creation and review of relevant purchasing documents and communicate the status, progress, and outcomes of sourcing activities.
- Maintain strong information flows back to the global Category team for opportunities to aggregate demand and generate additional leverage.
- Manage the sourcing process (RfIs, RfQs, RfPs) for the delivery of operational sourcing activity, including the application of eSourcing tools. Supporting the implementation of new processes, policies, and technologies.
- Collaborate with the requisition to pay Procurement team to ensure that the requisitioning component of the procurement process is delivered.
- Execute escalated sourcing requests from site-based Procurement and provide a support role for site-based.
As a Sourcing Manager, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree qualified, business or life science preferred.
- Hands on and operational procurement knowledge with experience in contracting, (e)Sourcing and spot buying, in particular within indirect spend (preferably professional services).
- Track record of delivering savings through the contracting process and tracking those through contract lifespan.
- Experience or demonstrated understanding in supporting cost reduction and value improvement programs.
- Good communication skills and demonstrated understanding of translating business requirements into procurement specifications with customer service in mind.
- Knowledgeable in systems and processes for efficient management of contract documentation, templates and processing tools.
- Experience with enterprise systems and procure to-pay tools and eSourcing tools is desired.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Steve Lord on 01246 457738 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45501 in all correspondence.