Senior Statistician in London
Brandon Whates is recruiting for a Senior Statistician to join a well-established, leading global healthcare and clinical research organisation on a permanent basis. This role is office based in central London, with extremely accessible public transport links via surrounding areas, or in Amsterdam.
This will offer you the opportunity to support a world leading Health Economics team, providing input and support for a diverse portfolio of projects. Activities include preparing and analysing (patient-level and aggregate) data, according to agreed protocols and statistical analysis plans. You will lead different projects, often running in parallel to each other. Typical projects include (network) meta-analyses, survival analyses, retrospective data analyses; alongside advanced economic models such as dynamic transmission models for infectious diseases. You will work with a range of clients, including healthcare payers, providers and regulators; supporting them in their projects and providing your expertise when needed.
- Contribute to writing of study proposals, including statistical analysis sections.
- Conduct evidence synthesis by means of meta-analysis, indirect treatment comparison or network meta-analysis (frequentist or Bayesian) using patient-level and/or aggregate data (e.g. from literature review) using R, WinBUGS/OpenBUGS or JAG.
- Conduct survival analysis using R or SAS.
- Specify and/or extract data from databases using SAS/R; prepare and analyse datasets according to study protocol and SAP.
- Write and present results of analysis appropriate for the intended audience.
- Assist in the dissemination of any clinically relevant findings through articles, posters and presentations.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- BSc or equivalent in Statistics, Biostatistics, (applied) Mathematics.
- MSc or PhD or equivalent in Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, (applied) Mathematics or related discipline or equivalent work related experience.
- Solid prior experience working in a consultancy, CRO, pharmaceutical/biotech companies or other service sector in the healthcare industry.
- Strong statistical programming skills in R and one of the WinBUGS, OpenBUGS, JAGS or similar.
- Experience with generalized linear models, Bayesian statistics and survival analysis.
Full job description is available upon request.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Brandon Whates on 01438 768715 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45905 in all correspondence.