Senior Project Manager in Welwyn Garden City
Steve Lord is recruiting for a Senior Project Manager to join a global pharmaceutical company at their HQ office site based in Welwyn Garden City on an interim contract basis for 12 month period initially.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing varied projects within the drug safety science area. The projects assigned can vary from strategic, to organisational redesign, to managing implementation of new regulations, to technical through to process automation. In scope they are generally global and include complex and diverse stakeholders, multiple workstreams, and change management execution.
As Project Manager you will be responsible for management of projects, multiple workstreams and stakeholder management. Projects are often from inception and set up, which will mean defining scope and structure of the project from sometimes seemingly chaotic beginnings and degree of ambiguity.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Perform project management activities for assigned projects, including strategic planning, financial management, change & stakeholder management, and risk & issue management.
- Effectively determine the business challenge and requirements, and drive the exercise to facilitate a review of solution options.
- Create, execute and maintain project approach and plans for medium- to long-term initiatives to ensure success.
- Define and negotiate project deliverables, costs, scope and resource requirements throughout each project.
- Assume accountability for on-time, high-quality and within-budget delivery of all business-related project deliverables.
- Collaborate to establish and cultivate relationships with management for the allocation of SMEs to each project, and works within global cross-functional teams to build strong business relationships.
- Identify and assess impacts on all stakeholders. Lead the design, development, alignment, and implementation of associated change and communication strategies, plans and tactics accordingly.
- Take a leadership role in monitoring and motivating the project team for delivery of all business-related project deliverables.
- Monitor, report and escalate project issues, risks, changes and progress to project leads, sponsors, and/or Portfolio and Program Managers.
- Approach risk minimization in a solution-oriented and innovative way.
- Ensure project documents under the remit are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Effectively facilitate and lead project workshops and/or team meetings, including holding regular status meetings with project teams to ensure milestones are being met.
- Clearly identify project actions and the people accountable.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion to project stakeholders.
- Proactively identify and manage project interdependencies and impacts on other projects, programs, and/or business processes.
- Develop, track, and evaluate metrics that will enable the monitoring of a program's engagement, adoption, and performance.
- Keep the Global Head regularly informed about all project aspects.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience as a project manager, preferably within pharma industry and drug development.
- Experience managing projects on a global or regional level, across functions and time zones.
- Best practice project management qualfications such as Prince 2, APM, Agile.
- Stakeholder management and engagement experience.
- Knowledge of drug safety or PV and related systems/processes involved would be nice to have.
- Experience in business consulting and organisational change management would also be preferred.
- Experienced leader and character to challenge.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global leading biotech and work on projects with multinational reach.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Steve Lord on 01246 457 738 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45248 in all correspondence.