Senior Procurement Category Specialist in Welwyn Garden City
Brandon Whates is recruiting for a Senior Procurement Category Specialist to join a global pharmaceutical company at their HQ office site based in Welwyn Garden City on a full time permanent basis.
The Senior Procurement Category Specialist will work within the global procurement team focusing on category consulting services. You would be responsible globally for delivering high value strategic projects according to the consulting services strategy, business needs and annual pipeline of initiatives.
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- To execute complex category strategy projects, or high value sourcing initiatives assigned by category management teams.
- To manage project teams on specific projects.
- To establish effective project governance, ensuring project structure with clear roles and responsibilities.
- To monitor and mitigate risks, by monitoring progress and proactively identify, manage and report project risks.
- To ensure smooth and efficient handover to category teams, regional/site teams for implementation, including converting project outcomes into useable category buying guides or other content.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Bachelors degree in business or life science.
- Procurement experience delivering measurable value in strategic sourcing, enterprise costs reduction and/or operational efficiency projects.
- Strong project management experience, including risk management, project reporting and delivering quantitative and qualitative results in complex environment.
- Understanding of consulting services category, ideally related to R& D activities.
- Experience of upwards communication and senior stakeholder management skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global leading biotech and work within the procurement function to deliver and develop business intelligence and analytics, working closely with the business to provide actionable and meaningful data.
As well as a competitive base salary, this company is recognised as one of the best places to work, great employee benefits, in addition to an annual bonus and car allowance.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Brandon Whates on 01246 457 738 or email email@example.com Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44129 in all correspondence.