Senior Manager, Statistical Programming
Ian Marlow at CK Clinical is recruiting for a leading CRO who are currently seeking to hire a Senior Manager, Statistical Programming to help support the team with the supervision and management of the programming team and the hands on and strategic delivery of client projects to time and budget.
This is a permanent, full time position, ideally based in their Maidenhead office.
Within this position, your duties will include:
- Supervision of less-experienced of statistical programmers within project activities.
- Facilitating the flow of information, comment and feedback between senior management and all levels of staff.
- Assuming line management responsibility for a team, conducting performance reviews, setting and regularly reviewing objectives and developing and regularly reviewing training and development plans.
- Encouraging an open and communicative two-way interaction with line reports.
- Providing training and development of less experienced staff within the department.
- Acting as Statistical Programming Project Manager or Project Director for large global or other major programs which may include global responsibilities.
- Providing ongoing supervision, advice and consultation to the Lead Programmers and the rest of the programming team to ensure timely and efficient completion of projects. Ensuring all issues raised are addressed and all potential issues are handled proactively.
- Providing and interpreting resource requirements on a regular basis to ensure that programmers within the department are utilized as fully and as efficiently as possible.
- Ensuring the quality work of the group and department through ongoing quality management and review to ensure high quality deliverables to clients and internal customers.
- Interacting with the management and wider team in related disciplines e.g. Clinical Data Management, Clinical and Biostatistics, to ensure consistency in approach, ongoing co-operation and teamwork and regular discussion regarding process improvements.
- Performing interview and selection.
- Ensuring staff are provided with equal opportunities for personal development and career progression, and that the needs of the individuals are balanced against the needs of the business.
- Providing input and review of new business proposals, including time and cost estimates and associated documentation; participate in associated client development activities.
- Representing Statistical Programming department during audits, particularly those related to new client opportunities.
- Carrying out all activities according to appropriate SOPs, working within the framework of the Quality Management System and to GCP.
To be successful in this position, you will need to be educated to Degree level (or equivalent) in a computing, life science, mathematical or statistical subject. Additionally, you will need to demonstrate:
- Considerable experience in provision of programming support for clinical trial management and reporting, preferably experience of working within a CRO.
- Extensive experience and proven skills in the use of SAS within a clinical trials environment.
- Full understanding of the job roles in programming, to be able to identify training and development needs, opportunities for optimizing staff utilization and employing the most efficient practices.
- Ability to apply extensive technical expertise and full knowledge of other related disciplines to provide consultancy and advice on programming and wider related issues to other departments and disciplines.
- Project management skills and team leadership experience, as demonstrated by ability to organize and motivate project teams.
Our client offers:The opportunity to work within an experienced and highly skilled team. A comprehensive benefits package including health cover, contributory pension and a competitive bonus scheme. Their ongoing success offers team members unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities.
Our client offers opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career. This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring the miracle of medicine to market sooner.
For more information or to apply for the Senior Manager, Statistical Programming position please contact Ian Marlow or Stephanie Maccioni on 01438 743 047 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Clinical is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CL32887 in all correspondence.