Senior Manager, Scientific Publications
Mary Tilston at CK Clinical is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Scientific Publications to join a company in the pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Middlesex on a contract basis.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Lead Product European Medical Teams (EMTs) in establishing the publication strategy for the European region and be responsible for generating and executing the European publication plan according to agreed timelines and deliverables.
- Ensure that local and regional publication plans are part of the Global Publication Plan and are consistent with the global strategy and messaging.
- Manage the production, review and tracking of publications and ensure the quality of publications from a content and editorial perspective.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Establishing and managing the outsourcing budget and hiring and manging vendors/contractors to write scientific publications (manuscripts, review articles, oral presentations, abstracts and posters).
- Closely partnering with multiple functions including Medical Communications, Health Economics, Biostatistics, Project Management, Medical directors and Global Medical Writing and Publication teams and produce updates as required for internal meetings on the status of publications for the product.
- Forming good working relationships with authors, attending scientific congresses and writing reports if required, keeping abreast of professional information and technology and ensuring compliance with the company publication policy and practices.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level or above and ideally qualified to Master's degree or PhD level with extensive experience in medical writing in the Pharmaceutical industry including writing of clinical trial results.
- Excellent writing (equivalent to English native speaking level) and oral presentation skills.
- Experience in managing multiple projects and leading a team through the completion of a project as well as experience in and a detailed understanding of the publication process.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a multinational pharmaceutical company that is a leader in biotechnology with an exciting pipeline of products.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Mary Tilston on 01438 768717 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Clinical is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CL33470 in all correspondence.