Senior Clinical Programmer
Paul De Challans at CK Clinical is recruiting for a Senior Clinical Programmer to join a company in the pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Hertfordshire on a contract basis.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Provide technical coaching and mentoring for subfunction activities to Assistant Clinical Programmer, Associate Clinical Programmers and/or Clinical Programmers assigned on a program.
- Demonstrate a program-level understanding and have oversight of DDE issues, activities and deliverables.
- Meet regularly with the Assistant Clinical Programmer, Associate Clinical Programmers and/or Clinical Programmers assigned to studies within the defined program to delegate tasks, review status and discuss any challenges and concerns.
- Coordinate and plan DDE activities to meet program-level deliverables and timelines.
- Develop and maintain the DDE programming standards, conventions and best practices for the studies in a program.
- Coach/mentor Assistant Clinical Programmer, Associate Clinical Programmers and/or Clinical Programmers on DDE standards, work aids and guidelines and implement them consistently across studies within the program.
- Serve as the primary DDE contact at the program level and provide expert guidance to program teams.
- Develop and maintain working relationships within and outside of CDM at the program level for DDE-related tasks.
- Ensure appropriate resolutions of DDE-critical issues within the program.
- Be responsible for complex and broad organizational impact deliverables for the subfunction for one or more studies/programs.
- Contribute or lead local/global and cross-/ subfunctional working groups and initiatives.
- Lead or participate in the global and local functional/cross-functional implementation of best practices and process improvement initiatives.
- Effectively communicate ideas, project goals and status of work; present to senior management.
- May present at or chair forums in area of expertise.
- Proactively develop solutions to complex problems requiring the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
- Proactively develop contingency plans to reduce impact of risks that may occur, to analyze effectiveness of strategies and to monitor and review risks.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent and significant experience in one or more CDM functions.
- Ability to apply advanced principles, theories and concepts for one or more sub-functions within CDM.
- Grasp of trends in the industry and ability to apply them to work within the organization.
- Extensive working experience with a programming language like SQL, PL/SQL, C# or SAS.
- Extensive experience with a Clinical Data Management system in one or more of the following areas: clinical study database setup, edit check programming, data extraction or reporting.
- Excellent understanding of the study teams role and processes in drug development.
- Excellent knowledge of clinical data management systems and processes.
- Ability to understand systems and processes that relate or interact with clinical data management.
- Ability to work independently, seeking direction as needed.
- Effective project leadership skills developed through leading global teams through all stages of clinical programming.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global pharmaceutical company
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Paul De Challans on 01246 45 77 33 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online.
CK Clinical is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CL30510 in all correspondence.