Scientific Consultant - Cheshire
Are you interested in working for a world leading consultancy with a unique take on facilitating scientific advisory board meetings for the drug development industries?
Do you enjoy working and interacting with key opinion leaders?
Are you interested in virtual tech and using this to drive the drug development process?
We are recruiting for a Scientific Consultant to work for a Life Sciences (Pharma, Biotech and Med Devices) consultancy who provide a strong consultancy process to key client challenges within the drug development process. The company brings together the capability of in house scientific consultants with a unique process and interactive decision-making technology.
The company process is most often deployed with clients who are seeking to run live virtual advisory boards/steering groups to explore clinical development challenges (e.g. design of a Phase 2, R&D strategy, strategic options to combine new agents etc.). Typically the Scientific Consultants take the brief, design the interactive programme and key questions and often moderate the advisory board session too. They will also create the final report.
The consultancy process is applied to a variety of scenarios - clinical development, translational medicine, market access, health policy, strategic marketing, patient recruitment, internal training and strategy development.
- The consultant will work across several disease areas often handling 3 or 4 live diverse projects at the same time (e.g. in medical devices, diabetes and an internal workshop).
- The consultant will work as part of a team on each project (with operations, technology and scientific support).
- A typical project will last around 6 weeks from start to finish.
- Importantly this is a proactive role rather than a reactive role. In the Scientific Consultant role there is a key requirement for an inquisitive consultant to explore the client's aspirations and challenges and to return with an action plan. So the consultant is usually leading the client rather than being led by the client.
Key must have attributes:
- Strong continued interest in science
- Inquisitive (always asking 'why's that?' rather that taking things at face value)
- Confident (can defend their ideas if challenged)
- Articulate (able to inspire comfort in clients through their speech)
- Client relationship building skills (warm, friendly, professional)
- Team player (able to fit in the company family culture)
Additional 'nice to have' attributes:
- Commercial understanding - understanding of the link between fee and hours applied (business efficiency)
- Entrepreneurial flair - vigilance of new opportunities to deploy the company process in other areas
- Desire to explore moderation
- Creativity and flair
A scientific professional who has several years experience and has built strong client relationships but feels that they could give more and is confident to explore that further.
- Salary of £50-60K
- Great location in the heart of Cheshire, close to Manchester.
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- In addition every year staff have been given 3 additional days holiday over the Christmas period.
- 10% on top of gross pay - employee chooses how to use this (cash via payroll or additional contribution to their Group Pension Plan, or any combination).
- Group Pension Scheme (Employees are automatically enrolled into this scheme under Automatic Enrolment) - current employer contribution is 1%, this will be rising to 3%.
- In service life insurance (4 x salary)
- Healthcare cover - the level of this varies with time served, the initial healthcare covers optician and dental costs and provides a hospital consultation if the out-patient wait exceeds a specified waiting time (i.e. number of weeks).
- Perkbox - many benefits/perks/discounts including mobile phone insurance, a free digital tastecard …
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Russell Oakley on 01246 457709 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CL42667 in all correspondence.