CK Group is recruiting for a SAS Programmer to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Uxbridge on a contract basis for 12 months and has an hourly rate of £51.55 LTD.
The Company: Our client is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Our client has been a biotechnology pioneer since 1980. They have grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, reaching millions of patients around the world. Currently they are developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
The Location: This position is based in at their Uxbridge site, which opened in 2007. Uxbridge is located in the heart of the biopharma community west of London. It is ideally situated for easy access to all that central London has to offer. Uxbridge also boasts a significant and growing business population and is conveniently located just 15 minutes from Heathrow Airport.
The Role: This Research Team are looking for an epidemiological/statistical programmer to work in their Functional Programming Group. The role involves producing analysis datasets using SAS and creating visualisations from these datasets using Spotfire as well as ad-hoc analysis work.
- The role will involve interpreting plans of analysis developed by our epidemiologists. Candidates with experience of working with observational data and with epidemiological knowledge will be favoured.
- The main skills are the ability to interpret and clarify the details of a plan of analysis and to implement the programming necessary to deliver the results requested. Communication is key in this role.
- You will need to deliver results within short timelines and on occasion will need to balance more than one study at a time. The ability to work effectively and successfully in a team environment, strong documentation, communication and time management skills are essential. The team works using Agile methodology.
- Ideally candidates will have at least 4-5 years' experience in statistical programming.
- You will have excellent SAS programming skills, however candidates with limited SAS knowledge but with knowledge of R or Python will also be considered.
- Candidates will need to have a strong programming background. Knowledge of SQL is needed.
- You must be comfortable with creating complex analysis datasets derived from large databases and have a careful eye for outliers and errors. This will include checking the accuracy of programs written by colleagues.
- Applications from candidates with experience of working with Spotfire are encouraged.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Julie on 01438 723500 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 47512 in all correspondence.