Principal SAS Programmer
Ian Marlow at CK Clinical is recruiting for a Principal SAS Programmer on behalf of our client, a Pharmaceutical company based in Uxbridge.
Details: The Principal SAS Programmer will work directly with the Data Management team to support two large real world studies that involve a mixture of clinical trial and observational data.
- Plan and manage programming activities across two large real world studies, to deliver high quality data to agreed timelines, (e.g., scrambling data for Statistics to maintain blind, merging data from different sources, identifying duplicate data and comparing data from different sources)
- Responsible for programming and QC of quality SAS datasets for statistical analysis across two large real world studies.
- Act as key unblinded Statistical SAS programmer between Data Management who are unblinded and Clinical Statistics and Programming who must remain blinded
- Work with other disciplines outside of the department to solve complex problems. Proactively identify, assess and resolve the impact of decisions/actions from other groups. Define criteria for assessing alternative solutions and determine the optimal approach. Make decisions in the face of unusual and conflicting information with the lead Data Manager.
- Provide broader technical knowledge and expertise (e.g., computing environments). Provide technical advice to other teams and departments.
- Maintain clear, audit ready documentation for all programming and QC procedures performed.
- BSc or higher in mathematics, statistics, computer science or related discipline.
Preferred skills / experience:
- Recognised expertise in SAS programming and SAS macro code development. Understanding of other SAS products (e.g. SAS/GRAPH, SAS Output Delivery System)
- A solid level of understanding of the late phase clinical trials
- Knowledge of basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of non-SAS programming packages/languages (e.g. SQL, Excel)
- Ability to manage conflicting demands and priorities and to negotiate successfully
- Project management or relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to work with remote programming teams (e.g., academic institutions)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated direct interaction with clinical study team members of a consistently successful nature.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Ian Marlow on 01438 743 047 or IMarlow@ckclinical.co.uk, or Stephanie Maccioni on 01438 768714 or SMaccioni@ckclinical.co.uk. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Clinical is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CL33426 in all correspondence.