Paul De Challans is recruiting for a Principal Programmer to join a company in the pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Greater London on a contract basis.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Have demonstrable experience of SAS Programming and previous HARP experience
- Plan and participate in programming/QC activities for multiple studies or across an indication including submission activities.
- Contribute to standards within a therapeutic area in accordance with the Asset Data Strategy.
- Lead the eCRF Development process.
- Plan and manage the eCRF Development and Post Go Live timelines.
- Provide Technical expertise to internal/external customers in support of clinical study data.
- Provide consultancy with regard to study specific technical activities and issues, i.e., analysis of existing business technology issues and development of plans for capability improvement through increased efficiency or effectiveness.
- Provide Technical consultancy to R&D strategic initiatives and contribute to plans for capability improvement through increased efficiency or effectiveness.
- Leads small non-clinical projects within department and with experience in grade, major projects (clinical or non-clinical), across the wider Programming Community. May lead the development of standards- Includes -omics, biomarker, and in-licensed compounds and input into industry standards.
- Able to motivate staff within functional or cross-functional team - may represent the Programming community externally (e.g. FDA teleconferences).
- Be able to resource effectively to meet team milestones, enable prompt decision-making for the projects and to build credibility and presence with customers.
- Influences and adds value (e.g. data visualization) at study team and functional team level to enable decision-making.
- Utilizes other disciplines outside of the programming area to solve complex problems; proactively identifies technical programming problems; define criteria for assessing alternative solutions & determine the optimal approach; make decisions in face of unusual and conflicting information.
- Identifies recurring problems and initiates process improvement. Proactively identify, assess and resolve the impact of decisions/actions from other groups.
- Appreciation of future direction/wider objectives (project or business).Education / Skills: Leverages relationships to address Project / Study issues.
- Delivers all communication with clarity, impact and passion and tailored to the audience. Makes complex ideas simple.
- Applies effective verbal and written communications skills at project level and external (e.g. Commercial, Regulatory).
- May present at project level and externally; applies skills at any level with experience in grade. Provides broader level knowledge and expertise (e.g., UNIX scripting, computing environments, Data Capture, tools integration, Data Extraction); provides technical advice to other teams/ departments.
- Provides advice on technical issues outside of community (e.g. Global Software Applications, Impact of new software and systems).
- Takes an initiative (a clearly interconnected set of activities) designed to raise the value added to customers.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree / Master's Degree or equivalent with proven applicable experience.
- Expertise in SAS. Understanding of regulatory process.
- Ability to generate/implement ideas/solutions to cross functional strategy (e.g., outsourcing strategies).
- Anticipate process and software challenges. Expertise in SAS, SQL and/or other scripting and programming languages; Relational Database Design.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global pharmaceutical company
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Paul De Challans on 0114 283 9956 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Clinical is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CL30113 in all correspondence.