Medical Science Liaison
Hendre Moolman at CK Clinical is recruiting for a Cardiovascular Medical Science Liaison to join a global pharmaceutical company in a nationwide field based role on a permanent basis.
Your main responsibility in this role will be to develop partnerships with investigators, opinion leaders and healthcare professionals through:
- Scientific, evidence based communication and education
- Clinical trial activities & Investigator-initiated studies (IITs)
- Scientific projects & research
- Scientific support to marketing teams and their programmes
- Input and/or attendance at medical educational programmes, advisory boards, and training.
- Major Accountabilities Healthcare Professional Partnerships and scientific exchange
- Establishing and managing scientifically based relationships with clinical investigators, HCPs and other stakeholders
- Providing scientific information to relevant HCPs, speakers & investigators on data
- Facilitating and maintaining legitimate scientific exchange related to company compounds and pipeline with Medical Experts speakers and investigators to advance understanding of new scientific principles, research trends and current scientific debate.
- Providing scientific and educational information to HCPs on specific patient critical issues, including medical education and support on Risk Management Plans (RMP) where appropriate.
- Providing proactive support for PDTs & IBTs in providing deep market and clinical understanding of pipeline therapeutic areas.
- Gathering external insights and utilises insights to shape company product strategy.
- Collaborating with colleagues to gather, analyse and report insights from all legitimate sources that may impact developmental plans, trial designs, launch strategies, current brand strategies and tactics.
- Building and maintaining close cross functional working with medical colleagues and Sales and Marketing colleagues.
- Ensuring that their time and activities are fully aligned to and focused on delivering the Therapeutic Area Medical Plan.
- Acting as a field-based reference point for non-promotional scientific and clinical expertise to field force and encourage self-sufficiency in the field force where feasible.
- Internal discussions and leadership related to Clinical Trials feasibility and site recommendations.
- Identify and track potential research opportunities that are closely aligned with molecule development objectives through facilitating Clinical Research as agreed by Medical TA Head.
- Proactively developing scientific research concepts and ideas with investigators that deliver new data to enhance product profile.
- Providing study and site level feasibility and research site recommendations.
- Providing strategic support during entire trial process to support study and patient accrual as appropriate, and manage the investigator relationship.
- Ensuring that prevailing legislation, GCP, Ethical Committee, SOP, local WP requirements, and ABPI Code of Practice requirements are fulfilled.
- Operating with integrity and proactively contributing to a credible image for the CPO in the local Health Care and Medical & Scientific community.
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Masters' degree or equivalent in Health Sciences or if in other scientific fields and/or significant medical affairs/clinical experience
- The ability to understand, process, communicate and present scientific information to a high standard.
- Possess excellent presentation skills
- External customer focus with strong networking capabilities and integration with KOLs Understanding of Pharmaceutical Industry ways of working
- Understanding of clinical development and Good Clinical Research Practice preferred
- Experience working in CV/Cardiovascular would be desirable, but not essential.
If you are employed by this client you will be joining a global pharmaceutical company in a nationwide role. Other benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Company car
For more information or to apply for this Medical Science Liaison position please contact Hendre Moolman on +44 (0)1438 842 970 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Clinical is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CL31482 in all correspondence.