Medical Science Liaison - Midlands
Mary Bolt is recruiting for a Medical Science Liaison to join a global top 20 Pharmaceutical company in a field based opportunity covering the Midlands. This will cover the Cardiovascular therapy area and offers a diverse remit and the opportunity to get involved in a variety of projects.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Provide expert support to internal customers and external healthcare experts in a defined geographic area of the UK as well as having expertise in and knowledge of products, patient treatment trends, clinical trials and scientific activities within the disease area.
- Act as the first point of contact for the sales professional teams, for complex medical questions that require in-depth medical knowledge and support the Learning and Development Executive in the training of sales professionals.
- Develop and maintain contact with thought leaders in accordance with the strategy developed by the company to gain insight into treatment patterns, scientific activities taking place within the disease area and the needs of healthcare providers.
- Respond appropriately with accurate scientific data to unsolicited scientific questions from Physicians for marketed products and products in development in compliance with company policies and legal and ethical standards.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Develop and contribute to scientific presentations and ensure that the most appropriate healthcare professionals are selected for involvement in medical activities e.g advisory boards etc and be involved in the organisation of medical/scientific meetings and congress medical activities as well as identifying and preparing speakers and meetings.
- Advise the brand team in the development of scientifically meaningful educational programs and contribute to the development of brand plans and strategies by communicating KOL thought leader insight.
- Collect investigators proposals for local and regional and activities, ensure that these proposals are discussed within the local medical team, manage internal and external approval process and provide timely feedback to investigators.
- Participate actively in providing input to the Clinical Trials team on trial and survey feasibility and site suitability as well as working with the Medical Advisor and Clinical Operations team in contributing to site selection for sponsored studies and acting as the medical contact for investigators participating in sponsored trials for any non-operational matters.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level or above in life sciences or a related field with a PhD being preferred.
- Experience of working in a similar field based role with strong evidence of leading healthcare professional interactions.
- Proven experience of presenting complex scientific information and knowledge of the UK NHS.
- Full driving license.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global pharmaceutical company placing stakeholders, customers and patients at the centre of their activities, implementing programs and activities that ultimately benefit patients and the NHS.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Mary Bolt on 01438 768717 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Clinical is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CL39359 in all correspondence.