Medical Science Liaison - Field based
Lucy Stendall is recruiting for a Medical Science Liaison to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry, field based covering the South West of England on a 6 month contract basis.
Our client is committed to delivering great medicines and have introduced a range of innovative treatments that can make an important difference to the lives of patients with serious health conditions such as schizophrenia, hepatitis C, multiple myeloma, HIV/AIDS and diabetes.
Though the company's main hub is based in High Wycombe, this role will be field based within the South West of England.
As a Medical Science Liaison you will provide scientific support to internal and external customers in response to clinical interest as part of the Oncology Medical Affairs team. Additionally, the successful candidate will deliver the sharing of knowledge to internal stakeholders e.g. through provision of training to help to ensure highest standards of brand/therapy expertise in customer facing teams.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Increase customer understanding of our client's products and processes according to expressed interests and needs and to seek advice on the development of our client's products.
- Manage and maintain positive relationship with Key Opinion Leaders.
- Identify KOLs and their areas of clinical/scientific expertise.
- Respond appropriately to unsolicited requests for information and/or data.
- Exchange disease area knowledge and opinions in order to understand the emerging opinions.
- Review submissions in response to requests from Outcomes Research to ensure accuracy and all relevant data is captured.
- Develop educational items (e.g. presentations) and deliver training for the business e.g new starters, on an ongoing basis.
- Meet with the Global Trial Managers within Global Clinical Operations, Medical Affairs as required.
- Attend courses and industry meetings, read industry publications and discuss therapy area with colleagues to keep up to date with developments within the pharmaceutical industry and pharmaceutical medicine.
To succeed in this role, you will have current and prior experience, knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Medical Doctor, Pharmacist or individual with Science university degree or PhD.
- Deep knowledge of the therapeutic area (if new to industry) AND / OR industry experience in a Medical Scientific Liaison/Scientific Advisor post.
- Strength in research and interpretation of medical data.
- Relevant work experience, scientific acumen and communication skills in order to be accepted by Leading Specialists in peer-to-peer relationship.
- Highly customer focused with an awareness of the importance of business results.
- Innovative with the ability to coordinate and drive a complex and changing environment.
- Proactive, well organized.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Fluent English language required.
- IT expertise (Outlook, Office).
- Travel, domestic and international is required.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Lucy Stendall on 01246 457725 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45717 in all correspondence.