Medical Director in Cambridge
Julia Day at CK Clinical is looking for a Medical Director to join a pharmaceutical company based in Cambridge.
The Company: Working in a UK company this is a relatively small and agile organisation that works across 5 therapy areas including biosimilars, diabetes and respiratory. This role sits on the Leadership Team (equivalent of a Board management position). The organisation has a very close culture with a high retention level and longevity. You are certainly treated as a person within the organisation. Location: Office based role in Cambridge. The Role:
- Reporting to the Managing Director.
- Develop and manage the medical team (6 direct and 15 indirect reports) that include medical affairs, medical compliance and medical information.
- Provide medical advice to ensure the compliant, safe, responsible, professional and ethical marketing and development of its products (UK team is the focus and accountability however there will be European support required and certainly joint working).
- Champion and support the UK and Ireland Codes of Practice and Compliance accountabilities across the Company.
- Provide strong external facing support by networking and partnering with HCPs and develop a KOL network in our key therapy areas.
- Experienced medical affairs physician with GMC Registration.
- Ideally completed / eligible for post-graduate specialty training in Pharmaceutical Medicine.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the NHS UK health market, including customers, competitors and Governmental policy.
- Solid understanding of the ABPI Code of practice and final signatory experience.
- Ideally some experience within biosimilars, respiratory and Type 2 diabetes therapy areas.
- A solid understanding of clinical development, medical affairs, pharmacovigilance and regulatory affairs.
The Benefits: Competitive basic salary with a an additional percentage uplift as a flexible benefits allowance.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Julia Day on 01246 457719 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CL43215 in all correspondence.