Medical Director, EMEA+ (Oncology)
Julia Day at CK Clinical has an excellent opportunity for a GMC Registered Physician to join a global pharmaceutical company in a senior leadership capacity. Working within the Global Oncology Business Unit you will be responsible for all medical activities within the Global Oncology Business Unit taking responsibility for Europe, Middle East, Africa, Russia and Australia region.
- Hold 8 direct reports with overall responsibility for approximately 40 people.
- Provide strategic and operational leadership to the EMEA medical affairs organisation focusing on the highest scientific integrity and standards, driving innovation and providing patient focused healthcare.
- Lead strategy and tactical operations for medical affairs functions regionally across the Oncology franchise to include effective operation of the Medical Strategy, Clinical Operations for phase IIIb/IV projects (Program Management, Data Management, Biostatistics), Medical Communications and Publications as well as field based Medical Science Liaisons.
- Be responsible for leading the regional implementation of, and ensuring regional alignment to, the global oncology medical strategy for the portfolio of commercialized products and near-launch products and indication.
- As the medical leader in the EMEA region for global oncology business unit, oversee, manage and direct compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations for the regional and each country within the region.· Work within the global matrix organisation through partnering to ensure compliance with internal and external regulatory requirements of the EMEA region
- Work with EMEA investigators to support IIS proposals from concept inception to implementation and publication of studies.
- MD qualification with full GMC registration (or permissible with a willingness to register)
- Significant Pharmaceutical Medical Affairs experience required
- Experience working within Oncology and/or haematology will be highly advantageous
- International leadership and management experience essential
- Significant and proven experience in clinical research (Phase I-IV) and in clinical development (Phase IV) desirable
- Experience in communication of final study reports and publications/scientific communications
- Demonstrable success in product launches
- Proven experience in managing external service providers to meet/exceed objectives and budgets
For further information on this Medical Director opportunity please please contact me on email@example.com or 01246 457 719 / 07963 409 838. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Clinical is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CL34787 in all correspondence.