Medical Affairs Manager / Head Of - St Albans
Julia Day is looking for a Medical Affairs professional to lead a medical department in the UK. Ideally you will be a physician (GMC) and looking to step up into your first leadership role although GPhC registered pharmacists with medical affairs leadership experience will be considered.
The role sits with a global specialty pharmaceutical company with a relatively new entity in the UK. With three launches planned this year along with a solid pipeline coming to market this role offers the opportunity to define, establish and expand a medical affairs team. You will report directly to the EU Medical Director and manage two MSL's.
- Be responsible for all medical affairs activities in the UK and Ireland
- Build a cross-functional brand plan with the management team, (marketing leads, head access)
- Responsible for delivery of specific medical affairs activities in the brand plan and supporting colleagues to implement their parts of the brand plan.
- Ensure ABPI and IPHA Code compliance, ensuring key processes are in place.
- To establish, develop and maintain relationships with key national and global KOLs in the UK and Ireland for scientific exchanges and medical activities
- To be the lead contact with patient organisations
- Collaborate with EMEA medical functions
- Facilitate, identify and present research opportunities.
- Ideally you will a GMC Registered Physician and eligible for the DipPharmMed.
- GPhC Registered Pharmacists with significant medical affairs experience will be considered
- ABPI / PMCPA final signatory status
- Experience working within specialty medicine
- Ideally experience of leading or managing MSL's or small team
- Demonstrate an open, supportive, team-oriented style with the ability to influence key audience both inside and outside the company
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK
For more information please contact Julia Day at CK Clinical on 01246 457719 / firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively please click on the link below. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CL39086 in all correspondence.