Medical Affairs Consultant in Hoddesdon
Lucy Stendall at CK Group is recruiting for a Medical Affairs Consultant to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Hoddesdon on a contract basis for 6 months initially.
Position Overview: This role provides detailed medical review of materials and activities (promotional and non-promotional) to ensure scientific rigour and compliance with the ABPI Code of Practice, statutory and Company requirements across a range of therapeutic areas.
Responsibilities include: Responsibilities also include the preparation of scientific documentation for internal and external customers, the management of third line medical information enquiries and scientific input into formulary packs and other documentation.
Duties, Responsibilities, Activities:
- Provides clinical and scientific input into the development of medical and promotional materials for assigned therapeutic areas.
Completes the medical review (certification / examination) of promotional and non-promotional materials ensuring compliance with ABPI Code of Practice, statutory and Company requirements. Decision Making:
Ability to interpret and apply the ABPI Code of Practice and to use own judgement to approve materials and activities.
Ability to work autonomously within the agreed processes. Problem Solving:
Proactive, with the ability resolve complex problems and ambiguous situations and apply own judgement in developing a solution.
- Ability to accurately interpret / critically appraise literature.
- Ability to resolve situations with diplomacy where opinions differ.
Ability to prioritise effectively. Collaboration:
Ability to work collaboratively with senior staff and cross functionally with Marketing, Legal, Compliance and External Affairs, Market Access.
- Proactively engage with brand team, providing constructive and creative solutions and be a valued partner.
- UK Registered Pharmacist or Registered Medical Practitioner.
Experience of writing scientific or technical documents. Minimum Experience Required:
1-2 years in a clinical setting preferred eg pharmacy, hospital.
- Experience within pharmaceutical industry.
- Writing scientific reviews in a pharmaceutical company setting Skills/Knowledge Required.
- Detailed knowledge of ABPI Code of Practice and ability to interpret for application to promotional and non-promotional materials and activities.
- Ability to translate analytical /critical appraisal skills and competence across therapeutic areas to add value.
- Ability to proactively engage with internal stakeholders.
- Ability to resolve complex and ambiguous situations.
- Literature searching skills and IT literacy.
- Professional, very good communication skills both verbal and written, high attention to detail, good interpersonal skills.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Lucy Stendall on 01246 457733 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 44968 in all correspondence.