MSL Manager - Field Based
Mary Tilston at CK Clinical is recruiting for a Medical Science Liaison Manager to cover Scotland, Northern Ireland and North-East England on a contract basis for our client, a global, top 20, research driven pharmaceutical company. This will be a field based role.
The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Develop relationships with External Experts (EEs), by serving as a trusted source of unbiased, accurate, up-to-date medical and scientific knowledge.
- Proactively seek external advice, insights and information form HCPs regarding the therapeutic area and treatment patterns which are not directly or indirectly linked with company products. providing and delivering important information to support EEs/HCPs in the appropriate use of company products.
- Provide medical/scientific information and expertise to EEs/HCPs in response to unsolicited, requests on single and ongoing basis.
- Delivering presentations, using approved materials focused on a therapeutic area, disease state, or data on existing treatment options.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Supporting speaker-training briefing, conducting training on the scientific or medical background.
- Supporting the identification, mapping and profiling of EEs as defined by the 'individual's recognized expertise in their field of research and/or practice'.
- Providing intelligence and input to support site selection and ongoing recruitment in company sponsored studies and directed by the clinical research teams.
- Providing input to business strategies by sharing insights based on interactions with EEs & HCPs and knowledge of the external medical & scientific environment with other company teams as appropriate.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level or above in pharmacy, pharmacology or bio-medical sciences, PhD or medical degree would be desirable.
- Demonstrable high degree of scientific and clinical knowledge.
- Relevant experience of working within the Diabetes or cardiovascular therapeutic area and the ability to develop expertise in a new therapy area as well as excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a global pharmaceutical company developing high quality products across the world.
For more information or to apply for this position please contact Mary Tilston on 01438 768717 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Clinical is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CL37790 in all correspondence.