CK Group is recruiting for a Locum Pharmacist to work with our client who are a global healthcare provider to hospitals, clinics and homes. The role will be based in St Albans, Hertfordshire for an initial period of 6 months.
Our client touches millions of lives every day. Their products and services are essential building blocks of healthcare. You will find their products and therapies on nearly every floor, in every department, in almost every hospital worldwide. You'll find them in clinics and in the home. Patients and providers rely on them for lifesaving renal and medical products, including intravenous (IV) solutions, systems and administrative sets, IV infusion parenteral nutrition, perioperative care, pharmacy devices and software, acute renal care, and home and in-centre dialysis.
The St Albans site is situated just off the A414 with the M1 to the West, the A1(M) to the East and the M25 to the South, with all of these major roads a short 10 minute drive to site. By public transport, you can catch regular buses to the nearest train stations in under 30 minutes taking you to St Albans Abbey and St Albans City stations with local trains to Watford, Bedford, Luton, Gatwick and some going as far as Brighton.
Prescription receipt, clinical screening and intervention where needed
- Small volume/large volume product order entry on the PMR
- Prescription product order assembly/dispensing
- Stock receipt and stock control of compounded product
- Prescription management/tracking of faxes
- Patient compliance and reporting
- Liaison with external customers and provide patient advice
- Delivery scheduling
- On call requirement/out of hours emergency dispensing
- Prescription receipt, accurate and timely entry on PMR (entry on PMR and order creation within 30 minutes)
- Accurate dispensing - this will include timely reporting of near misses and dispensing errors (immediate reporting of dispensing errors to RP or operations manager)
- Adhere to standard operating procedures and follow instructions from the RP or operations manager
- Safe and effective working environment of pharmacy in line with GPhC standards
- Compliance with legal and regulatory responsibilities
- Appropriate storage of all pharmacy products
- Reporting service issues using appropriate form
- Reporting to QA product complaints or PV adverse events
Your Background: You will be a registered pharmacist with the GPhC
2 years post qualification experience Knowledge of aseptic products/specials Good/sound knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, mainly Excel, Outlook and Word Full driving licence
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Natasha Young on 01246 457739 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46521 in all correspondence.