Health Economist - Basingstoke
Lucy Stendall is recruiting for a Health Economist to join a major blue chip pharmaceutical company at their site based in Basingstoke on a contract basis for 6 months with a chance of extension.
This new opening will allow you to work for a global company with a buoyant culture surrounding people, integrity and excellence. This role comes with the chance to be working on strong and varied pipelines, within diabetes, breast cancer and auto immune therapeutic areas.
The Health Economist will proactively provide the UK team with the health economics tools, models, information and communications related to cost-effectiveness, cost and outcomes research for pre- and post - launch products. Additionally they will:
- Develop the health economic sections of submissions to NICE, Scottish Medicines Consortium, All Wales Medicines Strategy Group and other health technology assessment groups, including the development of the economic evaluations for these submissions.
- Partner with the regional Global Patient Outcomes and Real World Evidence (GPORWE) team on the development of UK economic models.
- Develop value messages and materials to support business activities and maximise access for new and launched products.
- Support the Field Force in delivering health economics, cost and outcomes data to the NHS.
- Review GPORWE programs and develop UK health economic strategies.
- Represent the health economic group on cross functional Marketing/Medical brand teams.
- Provide input to strategic planning process.
- Maintain awareness of significant developments in the field, including current health outcomes methodologies and applications, therapeutic area developments, and other issues as appropriate for specific position responsibilities.
To be successful in this role, you should have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Post-graduate qualification in health economics (or including strong health economics element).
- Knowledge of all technical aspects of health economic evaluation, including methods of cost effectiveness analysis and assessment of patient quality of life and functional status would be important, as well as the ability to apply health economics principles to practical issues.
- Good understanding of economic modelling.
- Excellent command of English (spoken/written) is essential.
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible individual with customer focused and hands on approach.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to function independently handling multiple tasks.
- Understanding of internal issues.
- Prioritisation skills.
- Previous experience of NICE, SMC or similar submissions.
- Knowledge of NHS/ local payor environment.
- Experience of multiple therapy areas.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Lucy on 01246 457733 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference KA41932 in all correspondence.