Health Economist - Basingstoke
Lucy Stendall is recruiting for a Health Economist to join a major blue chip pharmaceutical company at their site based in Basingstoke on a contract basis for 6 months with a chance of extension.
This new opening will allow you to work for a global company with a buoyant culture surrounding people, integrity and excellence. This role comes with the chance to be working on strong and varied pipelines, within diabetes, breast cancer and auto immune therapeutic areas.
The main purpose of the role will be to provide leadership and technical expertise on the health economic and health technology assessment (HTA) strategy for the delivery of:
- National HTA submissions for the UK Hub (which comprises UK, Ireland and Nordic countries - Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland).
- Local payer tools and materials .
- Pipeline and launched products.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Accountable for giving the company the best probability of technical success for HTA dossiers to NICE, SMC, AWMSG and NCPE and Nordic countries.
- Develop and implement strategy for the dossiers for NICE, SMC, AWMSG, -ROI and assist for the Nordics health technology assessment groups.
- Technical oversight of HTA submission as well as management and governance of internal and external process steps.
- Provide strategic input to company PRA activities.
- Develop strategy for effective HE arguments and related tools to support local access.
- Develop value messages and payer materials to support business activities and maximise marketing access of products
- Effectively engaging with HTA bodies and ABPI groups to positively shape the criteria and process by which HTA decisions are made.
The role requires strategic, leadership and influential skills to collaborate with UK, Ireland and Nordics cross-functional teams, Global Patient outcomes and Real World Evidence (GPORWE) function, Pricing Reimbursement and Access (PRA) teams to ensure health outcomes/economic data meet the needs of UK hub. In addition, the role requires balancing business and payer customer priorities with internal resources.
In addition, to be considered for this role you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- MSc qualification in health economics (or including strong health economics element).
- Knowledge of all technical aspects of health economic evaluation, including methods of cost effectiveness analysis and assessment of patient quality of life and functional status would be important, as well as the ability to apply health economics principles to practical issues.
- Experience of economic modelling
- Demonstrated technical expertise in HTA with hands on experience of multiple submissions in different indications.
- Experience across multiple therapeutic areas
This role comes offered on a full time basis, though part time candidates may be considered. Some remote working will also be available.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Lucy on 01246 457733 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference KA41932 in all correspondence.