Head of Medical Science and Medical Writing
CK Clinical are recruiting for a Head of Medical Science and Medical Writing to join a small and highly innovative biotechnology company at their site based in Oxford on a permanent basis.
Our client is a highly innovative biotech focused on the development of gene therapies for the treatment of a range of solid tumour cancers administered using their unique proprietary platform.
The main purpose of the role will be to lead for the company all medical science and medical writing activities (50/50 split; dependent on business needs).
This will include specifically:
- Leading the analysis, interpretation and communication of data generated from clinical development programmes.
- Leading the planning and co-ordination of medical writing activities to develop and maintain key clinical study documentation.
- Developing, leading and overseeing the outsourcing strategy for medical writing deliverables, e.g. clinical documents and specified regulatory submission documents.
- Generation of scientific and clinical narratives to support clinical, regulatory and external communication activities.
- Maintaining a deep working knowledge of oncology and immuno-oncology fields, as well as maintaining working relationships with investigators and other external experts in the field.
- Ideally a minimum of 3 years experience in a medical science or medical writing role.
- Experienced as a significant contributor in planning and production of clinical documents for regulatory submissions.
- Ability to assess trends and patterns in text and statistical data.
- Experience of vendor contracting, management and oversight
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
- Self-starter able to work in a team environment with minimal direction.
For more information or to apply for this Head of Medical Science and Medical Writing position, please contact Sam Whyley-Smith on 01246 580040 or email email@example.com, quoting job ref 48230.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.