Head of Medical Affairs, UK in St Albans / Home
Julia Day at CK Clinical is recruiting for a Head of Medical Affairs for a specialty pharmaceutical company in the UK. Working within Ophthalmology you will have a broad role with strategic, management and operational responsibilities. Ideally you will be a final medical signatory (MD, GPhC) although candidates experienced within all aspects of medical affairs will be considered.
The Company: A small affiliate working closely with the EMEA and Global teams this is an access all organisation with a friendly and professional environment. People truly are people within the company and they offer a fantastic level of support, development and opportunity.
Location: Flexible between home and office (North West London).
- Support the development and execution of Medical Affairs strategy and tactical medical plans for the Region and European affiliates.
- Support the product(s) as Brand of Choice through medical communications, scientific support for promotional activities and other related medical activities.
- Lead and manage the team of Medical Science Liaison and outsourced/contract functions and staff.
- Develops, maintains and extends contacts with top KOLs in our field of therapeutic area, organises advisory boards, round tables and educational events.
- Present data on existing products and new launches to healthcare professionals including physicians, hospital practitioners, formulary committees, pharmacists along with international colleagues.
- Ensure 100% compliance with all applicable Standard Operating Procedures, local and international rules and regulations.
- Gives strategic medical input into the business plans, market access strategies, uptake of company products in guidelines, promotional materials and the selection of the most recent/appropriate claims, arguments and references to be used.
- Reviews expert reports to support reimbursement or formulary listing processes and is involved in the development of value packs.
- Recommend trials site to R&D colleagues, provide medical and scientific expertise related to Local phase IV studies design and deliverables (protocols, clinical trials, publications), initial review of local IST proposals.
- Experienced medical affairs professional.
- Ideally you will be a final medical signatory (not essential if you have the right level of experience).
- Affinity with marketing & sales, knowledge on market access is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead and influence at a variety of levels both internally and externally.
- Solution orientated, creative approach.
The Benefits: Excellent basic salary and package but also an environment where you can lead, influence and develop. Working as part of this small, get growing affiliate you are exposed and involved with so many elements of medical affairs - KOLs, governance, clinical trials, EMEA strategy, patient groups, data generation… that is a great opportunity to have impact and reward.
For more information or to apply for this medical affairs leadership position, please contact Julia Day on 01246 457719 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45454 in all correspondence.