Head of Global Medical Affairs, Gene Therapy and Rare Diseases in London
Julia Day at CK Clinical is looking for a Head of Global Medical Affairs to set up and lead a global medical affairs function working within gene therapies and rare diseases. This role will report in to the SVP Clinical and Regulatory and be accountable for all global medical affairs activities. Initially it will be a stand alone role whilst you recruit and expand the function globally.
The Company: Our client is a biotechnology company who work with gene therapies. With ground breaking products in clinical development they are looking to establish their global medical affairs function.
Location: The company have an office based in greater London so ideally you will be in the office 2-3 days a week. It will involve extensive international travel including significant time in the US.
- The creation, agreement and delivery of a global medical affairs strategy for the products and therapy areas.
- Provide medical expert knowledge, this could include developing expertise in new areas as the company develops and will include contributing to project teams for assigned products.
- Remain up to date with therapy area and ensure this is appropriately communicated across the organisation.
- Leading and managing KOL interactions including advisory board management.
- Ensure all global medical affairs activity is compliant with relevant legal regulatory and industry standards.
- Work with appropriate partners to support the development of market access strategies.
- Establish clear directions for medical affairs, ensuring clear and appropriate objectives and role guides are established for each function as the group expands and additional members are recruited and that such staff are appropriately managed and trained.
- Build and maintain effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders providing support as required.
- Appropriately manage and engage any third party providers, eg events organisers, to ensure business objectives are met.
- Medical degree (MD) with a relevant post graduate qualification.
- Significant experience in Global Medical Affairs.
- Experience of working with gene therapy, haemophilia or rare disease products.
- A demonstrated ability to create and drive an effective global medical affairs strategy.
- Experience of establishing a medical affairs compliance framework.
- Significant line management experience ideally including experience building a medical affairs team.
- Tolerant of uncertainty and the ability to demonstrated the ability to deal with the unclear.
The Benefits: Competitive basic salary plus shares as well as the opportunity to join a growing and expanding organisation at a critical and truly exciting time.
For more information or to apply for this Medical Affairs Leadership position, please contact Julia Day on 01246 457719 or email@example.com alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CL44365 in all correspondence.