Head Of Clinical Trials Contracts
Jim Gleeson is recruiting on an exclusive, retained basis for a permanent Head of Clinical Trials Contracts for the Enterprise Unit of The Institute of Cancer Research, to be based at their site in Sutton, south London.
The Institute of Cancer Research, London, is one of the world's most influential cancer research organisations and is ranked as the UK's top academic research centre. Their unique partnership with The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust and 'bench-to-bedside' approach allows them to create and deliver results in a way that other institutions cannot. Together they are rated in the top four centres for cancer research and treatment worldwide and are also one of the most successful institutions in the UK at commercially developing their research findings.
The Enterprise Unit is The ICR's technology transfer department. It provides expertise for The ICR and The Royal Marsden in all aspects of contract negotiation, clinical trials contracting, intellectual property management and commercialisation.
The ICR is committed to attracting and developing the best minds in the world to join us in our mission - to make the discoveries that defeat cancer.
As Head of Clinical Trials Contracts you will manage the Clinical Contracts Team, which is responsible for all contractual agreements relating to clinical research and be the primary contact for all clinical transactions.
Key duties will include:
- Management and leadership of the Clinical Contracts team at the ICR, contributing to the ICR's and RM's research objectives through the provision of an efficient clinical trials contracting service
- Management of all aspects of the clinical trial contracting process with commercial and non-commercial institutions for studies sponsored and managed by or co-ordinated or hosted by ICR and RM ensuring the proper review and negotiation of clinical trials and associated contracts
- Identification and meeting of the expectations of stakeholders and partner organisation in performing the clinical trials contracting function
- Provision of clinical trial contract advice to Enterprise Unit and other ICR staff, ensuring a proper interface between clinical and non-clinical researchQualifications:
As Head of Clinical Trials Contracts, you will require the following:
- A legal or science qualification
- Extensive experience managing the contracts function for clinical trials
- Experience of working in an academic or hospital environment
- Strong leadership and inter-personal skills
Benefits: The starting salary for this post will be in the range of £52,000 to £65,000 per annum (based on a 35 hour week) and flexible working may be considered. There will also be a contributory pension scheme and generous leave entitlement.
For more information or to apply for this Head of Clinical Trials Contracts position please contact Jim Gleeson on +44 (0)1438 842973 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Clinical is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CL30558 in all correspondence.