Global Final Medical Signatory - Cambridge
Jennifer Woolley is recruiting for a Global Final Medical Signatory to join a company in the Pharmaceutical industry at their site based in Cambridge on an initial 6-12 month contract basis.
Our client is a global pharmaceutical company with a large presence and multiple sites in the UK. They produce innovative medicines across a range of therapeutic areas to enhance the health and lives of their patients.
The role is based at our client's site in Cambridge, a town famous for its history, university and architecture. There is also the added benefit of being accessible to London as well as Stanstead and Luton airports.
The Global Final Medical Signatory will apply medical governance within the designated therapeutic area (Oncology) and drive excellence through focus on medical quality and standards, guiding marketing and medical activities to be undertaken in a compliant and ethical manner. They will also provide training for medical teams and nominated signatories according to business need whilst advising on, reviewing and approving materials and events designed and produced by Global Brand teams with respect to Company standards including the Global Policies on Ethical Interactions and providing information on our products as well as the regulatory requirements and applicable external codes including the IFPMA code.
Additional key duties include:
- Act as the authority and leader on medical quality and standards for Oncology including promotional claims acceptability; interactions with healthcare professionals; cross border digital activities, medical ethical acceptability and other matters within the scope of the IFPMA Code of Pharmaceutical Marketing Practices.
- Lead the company approach and tone for medical standards within the designated therapy area.
- Ensure the importance is recognised and integrated into everyday business
- Review and approve promotional and medical materials for distribution including brand strategy documents and promotional claims prepared by Global Brand teams
- Act as a final signatory for items and activities that do not undergo local approval including above country digital activities and global press releases.
- Work with Marketing Company Nominated Signatories who undertake final approval according to the local regulatory jurisdiction.
- Sets standards for promotional claims and non-promotional product information sharing; ensuring company promotion and communications adhere to regulations and support appropriate use of our medicines in patients as well as driving business goals.
- Advise global brand teams on development activities including brand strategy, target product profiles and target product claims with respect to medical standards including draft positioning and claims approvability.
- Provide training according to business need for Global, Regional & Marketing Company Medical teams to drive quality & high standards
- Drive continuous quality improvement of Global Brand team outputs by providing consultation and feedback to Brand Teams during concept creation and throughout design and development process whilst ensuring consistency of approval decision-making.
The Medical Director will be expected to spend at least three days of the five working days in the office with some flexibility on remote working for the other two. Hours will be Monday- Friday, 40 hours a week.
The successful candidate should have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Must be a medical doctor or pharmacist with advanced bioscience or pharmacy/medical qualification with experience of the pharmaceutical industry including medical affairs and compliance
- Good scientific understanding of the allocated therapeutic area, Oncology
- Sound knowledge of international medical compliance legislation, codes of practice and their practical application
- Knowledge and experience of corporate governance are desirable
- Knowledge and understanding of the pharmaceutical industry 'political' environment and of AstraZeneca as an important and leading player
- Experience of successful cross functional and worldwide influencing
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Jenni on 01438 768 710 or email email@example.com. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference KA44285 in all correspondence.