Drug Safety Programming Specialist in Hertfordshire
Steve Lord at CK Clinical is recruiting for a Drug Safety Programming Specilaist to join a pharmaceutical company at their site based in Welwyn on a contract basis for 12 months.
The Company: Our client is globally renowned pharmaceutical company with their UK Pharmaceutical Head Office situated in Welwyn, Hertfordshire. The site is accessible by motorways & airports as well as being a 30 minute train ride to London, access is easy. There are well over 1000 people occupying their site in Welwyn.
The Role: The main purpose of the role:
- Assumes responsibility for the analysis of data from the Drug Safety Database (Oracle DataMart, ARISg).
- Develops, tests, documents, maintains, verifies and/or validates programs written in SQL, PL/SQL, SAS, VBA, CSharp or other programming languages, as appropriate.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Assuming responsibility for database searches on the Datamart for ad-hoc searches, DSURs, PBRERs, signal detection, audit- and inspection requests, metrics and any other search request.
- Interacting with internal or external customers to define the criteria for a database search; develops an appropriate search strategy; develops, tests and runs the data retrieval program; checks the search results for consistency and plausibility; gets the results verified by a second person as appropriate; labels the search results correctly and documents search programs and results.
Assumes responsibility that standard program components, standard programs and tools developed by the job holder are correct, validated/verified and fit for purpose Maintains compliance with global and local SOP’s and working practices.
Ensures any issues relating to data, programs or tools are adequately addressed at the lowest level and escalated appropriately.
- Is available for database searches at out of office hours if required.
- University degree, preferably in computer sciences or natural sciences.
- Experience with relational databases, in particular Oracle databases and Oracle SQL and/or PL/SQL.
- Experience with drug safety databases and reporting from drug safety databases.
- Experience with SAS.
- Good knowledge of pharmacovigilance.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge:
- Ability to think analytically to transform search requests into data retrieval programs.
- Ability to operate independently and reliably.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to complete tasks and projects with good quality and in time.
- Able to interact well within a team setting.
- Good communication skills in an international environment.
- Fluent in verbal and written English.
- A long term contract, and a competitive rate.For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Steve Lord on 01246 457738 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45752 in all correspondence.