Director, Early Phase Oncology Clinical Operations
Brandon Whates is recruiting for a permanent Director, Early Phase Clinical Oncology Operations to join a leading global pharmaceutical company. The position will be based in their offices in Hertfordshire.
Providing oversight for a portfolio of early phase (I/Ib/II) clinical trials in the oncology team. Their lead oncology product is an effective treatment for a range of cancers, and is projected to be one of the most profitable and patent impactful products within the next few years. They are now undergoing early stage clinical trials for a range of indications.
Accountability for the planning and delivery of a range of oncology studies, including CRO/vendor oversight, quality, safety and risk management, budget and resource allocation. Responsible for line managing the Clinical Operations team, including the Clinical Operations Leads (in both UK and US) and working closely with partners in order to help deliver oncology projects within agreed development milestone targets.
- Provide technical expertise to lead teams and complex studies within the Clinical Operations group.
- Setting and achieving key milestones and projects within the Oncology teams, and working closely with CROs, project teams and departments to ensure that these objectives are met.
- Line and matrix management of a Clinical Operations team both in the UK and US, collaborating with colleagues to ensure project deliverables are achieved.
- Support delivery of Clinical Operations strategies, and identifying gaps and implementing new approaches and processes/systems which will benefit the business.
- Ensure adherence to GCP guidelines, local regulatory requirements and SOPs.
- Identify gaps in training and recommending solutions.
- Manage team members, including professional development and performance management.
- Act as mentor to study teams and more junior members of staff.
- Support/review third party (vendors, contractors, consultants) work, approving invoices and resolving issues when necessary.
- BS/MS in relevant field.
- Industry experience in Clinical Operations processes.
- Previous line management experience.
- Thorough understanding of current ICH/GCP guidelines.
- Previous Oncology experience - early phase experience desirable.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Brandon Whates on 01438 768715 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46594 in all correspondence.