Data Engineer in Hertfordshire
Andy Leake at CK Clinical is recruiting for a Data Engineer to join a top, global pharmaceutical company at their site based in Hertfordshire on a 12 month contract basis. This position will be joining a newly formed team.
This role is located in Welwyn Garden City. The site is easily commutable from the home counties, Cambridge and London.
Your main duties will be:
- Data acquisition (internal and external), to provide a clear view of the data landscape to the organisation.
- To enable process and scientific insights from the data.
- To find novel opportunities to use data in different ways.
- Ensure data meets regulatory requirements and appropriate data standards.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Experience within a complex, regulated environment.
- Proficient in the use of SQL in a relational DBMS (such as MSSQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, etc).
- Experience with ETL development and data warehousing.
- Experience with a programming or scripting language (Python and R preferred).
- Experience with Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, MapReduce, Kafka, etc.).
- Knowledge of cloud technology ecosystems (AWS or GCP).
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Andy Leake on 01438 842 966 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 45791 in all correspondence.