Country Medical Leader - Haematology
Hendre Moolman at CK Clinical is recruiting for a Country Medical Leader to join a global pharmaceutical company at their site based in Hertfordshire on a permanent basis.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Act as the Medical Affairs strategic lead for all medical activities within this Franchise.
- Part of the UK Affiliate Medical Directorate, report to the UK Associate Medical Director and travel nationally and internationally.
- Manage a team of Medical Managers and lead the local medical team (LMT), a cross-functional matrix team with representatives from Safety, Regulatory, Country Clinical Operations, Quality, Medical Communications, and other Functional Partners.
- As the LMT leader, own the pan-directorate strategy to ensure the holistic and highest level of scientific and clinical knowledge is established and maintained to provide concrete input for Integrated Franchise Team (IFT) decision-making.
- Matrix management approaches will ensure a fully integrated Medical approach to IFT strategy and plans.
- Be accountable for the development and implementation of the UK Medical Plan, aligned to the UK brand plan, with a clear, compelling, patient-focused, medical strategy.
- Ensure that all medical functions are well informed, aligned and deliver on the medical plan.
- Be a member of the Medical Affairs Leadership Team
- As owner of the data generation strategy (e.g. clinical audits, or patient questionnaires), including the UK phase III-B/IV studies, ensure Medical Directorate contributions to NICE submissions are completed to the highest standards.
- Put activities in place to ensure quality use of medicines including patient support materials and ensure the current and future competitive landscape is understood and opportunities proactively leveraged.
- Identify and collaborate with key national Therapy Area Experts to support the optimal use of company products and lead national scientific advisory boards.
- Your team will be responsible for ensuring that the medical and research interactions with Therapy Area Experts are fully aligned, mapped out, and can facilitate delivery of optimal interactions and patient focused outcomes.
- The Medical Excellence Function will additionally provide experts and expertise to either advise or support the LMT including Medical Writing, Training and Publication planning.
You are required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- You will have a Graduate-Level Science degree with preference given to either GPhC-registered pharmacists or GMC-registered physicians, particularly those with recent ABPI Medical Final Signatory experience.
- For the role, knowledge and prior experience in Oncology are desired but not required.
- The current vacancy is in the Pipeline Franchise.
- You will have experience in the development and implementation of clinical trials and with therapy area drugs and indications and proven expertise in a wide range of scientific, clinical and legal/regulatory data.
- With Phase IIIb-IV drug development experience strongly preferred, you will have considerable experience in the principles and techniques of data analysis, interpretation, and clinical relevance and experience in producing clinical publications.
- With scientific knowledge, you will be experienced in the drug development process and with regulatory requirements, clinical trials and medical communication.
- Previous leadership and people line management skills are essential.
- Current relationships with external stakeholders such as Therapy Area Experts is strongly preferred.
If you are employed by this client you will be joining a global pharmaceutical company based in Hertfordshire. Other benefits include:
- Competitive Salary and company car allowance
- Work as part of a dynamic team and an exciting pipeline of products
For more information or to apply for this Country Medical Leader position please contact Hendre Moolman on +44 (0)1438 842 970 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now.
CK Clinical is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference CL33767 in all correspondence.