Contracts Manager (R&D)
Steve Lord is recruiting for a (R&D) Contracts Manager to join a global bio-pharmaceutical company at their site based in Welwyn Garden City on a full time / contract basis.
Our client is a globally renowned pharmaceutical company with their UK Pharmaceutical Head Office situated in Welwyn, Hertfordshire. The site is accessible by motorways & airports as well as being a 30 minute train ride to London, access is easy. There are well over 1000 people occupying their site in Welwyn.
The main purpose of the role will be:
- focusing on supporting our internal business partners in a wide variety of R&D Contracts, including clinical trial agreements, research collaboration agreement, vendor agreements, research services agreements, material/data transfer agreements and equipment loan agreements.
- drafting, reviewing, negotiating and finalizing R&D research and vendor agreements in compliance with all laws, regulation and client policies.
You will be accountable for aspects of the end-to-end R&D contract process operations (including contract request validation, drafting, negotiation of legal and financial terms, quality control, legal approval, execution into repository, template development and maintenance), contract process health monitoring and improvement, data & reporting for budget, resourcing and delivery against customer and/or stakeholder Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Day to day you will manage a moderate number of cross-divisional global, regional and local procurement stakeholders, and additionally, to work with broad range of functional stakeholders.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- BS/BA degree (general business, legal, finance, science or related discipline) or equivalent education plus experience.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in contract/vendor management role
- Contract experience in pharmaceutical/biotech or university setting is strongly preferred
- Advanced degree JD, PhD,or MBA is preferred
- Advanced understanding of legal issues, including but not limited to, intellectual property, indemnity, and confidentiality issues, with increased delegation of authority
- Excellent contract drafting and negotiating skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills in a fast-paced, dynamic and intellectually challenging work environment. Proven ability to build and maintain effective internal and external partnerships.
- Team player with demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective working relationships throughout all levels of the organization.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding objectives and goals.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Steve Lord on 01246 457 738 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46526 in all correspondence.