Clinical Scientist - Ophthalmology
Sam Whyley-Smith at CK Clinical is recruiting for a Clinical Research Scientist to join a highly innovative Biotechnology Company focused in the development of cutting edge Gene Therapies based in either Stevenage or Central London on a permanent basis.
The main purpose of the role will be to: This role is responsible for providing scientific expertise at the project and study level in support of clinical research and translational medicine in ophthalmology. He/she will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to plan, implement, and manage clinical research studies to ensure trial integrity and success. Responsibilities include providing scientific input to clinical development, including study design and analysis plans; evaluating and interpreting clinical data; reviewing and authoring study-related documents; supporting external collaborations and clinical advisory boards; and developing and maintaining knowledge of therapeutic areas of interest. The clinical scientist will be a key contributor to cross-functional project teams focused on the development of gene therapies for ophthalmic diseases.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Develop expertise on therapeutic areas of interest, including endpoints and biomarkers.
- Scientific literature review and summary.
- Contribute to the translational medicine and pharmacology team
- Writing of clinical protocols.
- Preparation of annual reports, including safety updates.
- Review of incoming clinical data and leadership of clinical study report writing.
- Collaborate with external experts and consultants.
- Collaborating on presentations, posters, and publications.
To succeed in this role, you will have the below background:
- PhD in a relevant discipline.
- Strong scientific background with good understanding of ocular disease biology.
- Clinical or translational experience in ophthalmology preferred.
- Experience in the principles and techniques of data analysis, interpretation and characterisation of clinical relevance.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Sam Whyley-Smith on 01246 580040 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46835 in all correspondence.