Clinical Project Manager
CK Clinical are recruiting for a Clinical Project Manager to join a pharmaceutical company in the Berkshire region on a contract basis. The company specialise in a number of different disease areas but this role will specifically focus on oncology studies.
The Company: For many years, the company has responded to changing needs for better healthcare. Their medicines aim to bring longer lives and healthier living to people all over the world. The company's products are enabling people whose lives have been disrupted by an illness to return comfortably to their regular activities. They are helping people to live more easily with their 21st century environment. The company's scientists are continuing to seek new solutions to the challenges that are facing today's healthcare providers.
The Location: Slough, Berkshire.
The Role: The main purpose of the role will be to:
- Be accountable for the delivery of one or more studies from protocol through to study report and archiving. These can be all types of study from First in Human to Phase IV
- Be accountable for managing the interface between Phase 1 Units, CROs and other vendors to ensure assigned studies are delivered according to contract specifications, with high quality, on time and on budget.
- Be accountable for leading the internal and Joint Clinical Study team; lead study specific decision-making, develop strategies for increasing study efficiencies and co-ordinate issue detection, resolution and, where necessary, escalation to the Program Delivery Leads.
- The level of CPM assigned to a project (either CPM or Senior CPM) will be dependent on study complexity and type (e.g. First in Human studies), scope, size and geography.
- Senior CPMs will be accountable for more complex studies and/or those with high visibility such as pivotal trials or challenging POC studies.
- At least three years' relevant experience in clinical development including team leadership.
- Experience or capability to manage in-house and/or outsourced regional or global Phase 1, 2 or 3 studies (First in Human to multi-centre clinical studies) from study start-up to study report completion.
- Clinical trial management in Early and Late Phase and team leadership.
- Motivation, mentoring and integration of individuals on multi-functional international teams.
- Delivery of scientific/medical presentations and training to both large and small audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft office suite.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Negotiation skills.
Scientific and Technical Knowledge:
- GCP and regulatory environment.
- Medical knowledge and research expertise.
- Basic principles of data management and statistics.
- Proactive approach, drive and follow through.
- Managing multiple concurrent responsibilities in an environment of changing priorities without close supervision.
- Ability to handle detailed technical matters and team dynamics.
- Reconciliation of conflicting priorities.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Russell Oakley on 01246 457709 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 47670 in all correspondence.