Clinical Operations Manager (Oncology Studies)
Brandon Whates at CK Clinical is currently recruiting for a Clinical Operations Manager to join a global biopharmaceutical company in Hertfordshire on a permanent basis.
This role will be working within a dynamic oncology team with a very strong pipeline of medicinal products entering the market over the next several years, with exciting future prospects. You will have responsibility for one or two oncology clinical studies, ensuring that studies are successfully completed on time, adhering to quality standards. Under the supervision of the Clinical Operations Lead, this role will be leading cross-functional study teams and coordinating EMEA regional aspects of designated global studies. This role will include mentoring more junior members of staff, but will not directly involve line management.
- Set objectives, targets and policies to guide local study teams.
- Primary accountability for delivery of clinical studies, including timelines, costs and quality deliverables. Independently overseeing all operational clinical research activities for a designated study, or multiple smaller scale studies according to ICH/GCP guidelines.
- Communicate directly with external and internal clients, presenting facts and reports to advise on key trends and study-related issues.
- Maintain regular contact with external vendors and clients, resolving or answering any queries and advising on technical matters.
- Serve as primary point of contact for local CRO's assigned to the designated study sites, resolving issues wherever necessary.
- Managing overall budget for regional or smaller studies (no cost centre budget management involved).
- Contribute to the development and review of high level study related documents (PCS, Protocols, CRF etc.).
- Recommend improved processes/systems for improving resourcing (i.e vendors, tools, systems).
- Assessing risks, and proposing creative solutions or methods to resolve these issues.
- BS/MS in relevant field.
- Track record of delivering EMEA activities, including vendor/CRO management and collaboration between cross-functional teams.
- Industry experience of clinical operations processes/methods essential.
- Previous Oncology experience, including an awareness of current anti-tumour therapies.
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Brandon Whates on 01438 768 715 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, please click on the link below to apply online now. Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference 46613 in all correspondence.